• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jet questions

sfa_gray

SNA Ensign
What model of T-45 do they use in Kingsville - A or C? Also, what is the order of the syllabus in jets? I select wednesday at Whiting and am keeping my fingers crossed.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
What model of T-45 do they use in Kingsville - A or C? Also, what is the order of the syllabus in jets? I select wednesday at Whiting and am keeping my fingers crossed.

Kingsville? Right now the A model, they're getting the C online.

The syllabus is:

Phase 1:
Ground School
Basic Instruments
Radio Instruments
Familiarization
Airways Navigation
Formation
Instrument Rating
Night Familiarization
Field Carrier Landing Practice

Phase 2:
Operational Navigation
Weapons
Tactical Formation
Night Formation
2-plane Operational Navigation
Out Of Control Flight
Air Combat Maneuvering
Carrier Qualification

That's the basic gist of it. Some stages, like Night FAM and AirNav straddle both phases. There is a buttload of solo time in there, about 40 hours for the whole program.

BlkPny

pilot
Selection

I select wednesday at Whiting and am keeping my fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]

Good luck to you.
Please let us know how selection goes.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
hey gray,

good luck to you man..i remember when i saw you at the hospital in P'Cola..whatever you get you'll have fun.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
I thought the Charlie program was up and running in Kville. They had a ton of IP's getting spun up in Meridian about 7 months ago. I know they have C models, other than the loaners from meridian, down in Kville. They were being flown by Kingsville Ip's back in April on the boat det. Was rather funny as some of the Kville IP's didnt know how to use the glass nav system.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Those new sat graphics not woking out on the sims then huh? Oh well. You guys have to have a few C's by now. Are they still just IP birds or are they letting studs get time in them? If you can get a trunk in one go for it. A little different then the A birds.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Those new sat graphics not woking out on the sims then huh? Oh well. You guys have to have a few C's by now. Are they still just IP birds or are they letting studs get time in them? If you can get a trunk in one go for it. A little different then the A birds.

The graphics work, the problem is getting them mating up with what that sim is doing. They then figured that out, kinda, last I heard, the sim would freeze after 45 min for absolutely no reason.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nice. Gota love the gremlins running around.

And you can never kill 'em all either. Gotta love spending 5min listening to your sim instructor swear at the console, buzz maintenance, etc. With 5 computers in one location running 3 different OSes, I'm surprised the dang thing runs at all . . .

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
I think there are about 10 C-model T-45s here now. The IPs use them as lead jets all the time...I got a few trunk rides to play with the MFDs and check out all the differences. I bet we are still at least six months or so from standing up a stud class in C's but that is just me guessing at it. They are getting new jets here at a steady rate.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Update the old guy. About how much total time do you "Training System"/T-45 guys log in the various phases by time you wing?