• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 09 Boards

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
I'm bringing a ton of Vaseline too. The butt crack and inner thighs will definitely chafe. I also heard to bring a head lamp (to study when it's lights out time). Also, I'm going to stock up on gatorade for my car too and snacks. I will also bring a ton of Ibuprofen as well.
the pain pills are not needed. you can get 800mg horse pill ibuprofen from navy medical for free and trust me those things work. you'll most likely have access to request them the second week through your class medbody.

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
and a quick tip:

write your last name in sharpie or something on the inside elastic of your tighty whities before you show up. makes them easier to sort if they should happen to somehow all get... mixed together... heh.

GET IN MY RAIN ROOM RIGHT NOW

oh, it'll be fun.

m26

Contributor
Well acceptance rate and acceptance numbers are two different things.

But if people are supposed to be coming to the Navy in droves, it doesn't make much sense.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
PM sent Scot, hopefully it will prevent you having a heart attack...you seem to be the victim of a large rumor mill.

nugget61

pilot
Good luck to all of yall going - just know that there are plenty of us that would love to be in your shoes so don't DOR.

the pain pills are not needed ... you'll most likely have access to request them the second week through your class medbody.

You can't get them in indoc week? Seems like that would be the best time to have em. Speaking of which, is it indoc week or 3 weeks? I've seen both online.

sciguy

Pro-Rec Supply
I wish the February Board thread had this much response. It has been quiet for the past two or three days. Maybe I am just getting bored waiting for medical records so I can take the PRT. Dang broken arm almost 20 years ago argh! My OR is out of the office this week anyways so paperwork or not I was still going to have to wait. I assume my chances of being final selected and going to OCS are good after being pro-rec'd in Feb?

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
You can't get them in indoc week? Seems like that would be the best time to have em. Speaking of which, is it indoc week or 3 weeks? I've seen both online.

just one.

and no, outside meds of any kind (no dose included) are strictly verboten without a prescription and even then they'll take away your meds and give you meds from the navy pharmacy.

the candios will go through all your crap when you check in and remove anything not allowed. you'll be able to take anything they deem illegal back to your car.

nugget61

pilot
Thanks scott. What about this though?

the pain pills are not needed. you can get 800mg horse pill ibuprofen from navy medical for free and trust me those things work. you'll most likely have access to request them the second week through your class medbody.

I'm pretty sure my shins will be screaming for ibuprofen during indoc week but we can't have any till week 2?

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
Thanks scott. What about this though?

I'm pretty sure my shins will be screaming for ibuprofen during indoc week but we can't have any till week 2?
most likely if you ask your candios they'll put in an order for you. you might get some crap for it, but hey its indoc week :)

Leviticus

pro-rec SNA
nugget, careful with the shin splints. I think I may have over done it with the running and given myself a stress reaction...probably not a stress fracture...but, lots of running sites are saying to be careful running on the shin splints b/c it could be indicative of another problem, possibly serious. There are also a few exercises to strengthen the muscle on top of your shin...you might check into those. Just a heads up.

nebekerb

Final Select SNA
Contributor
Well...I sign my paperwork and swear in tomorrow. As of right now my OCS date is Mar 29, but hopefully I'll be able to push it back a couple of weeks. If not, shit happens.