• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 09 Boards

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
In the November boards my recruiter accidentally put my second choice down as SEAL even though I hadn't taken the necessary physical screening tests to qualify...

How did the application make it through the QA process? I was under the impression that you can't even put it down as a choice unless you pass the PT test.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
So it turns out my application might not have gone through. In the November boards my recruiter accidentally put my second choice down as SEAL even though I hadn't taken the necessary physical screening tests to qualify. Now for some reason they are saying that that submission is still being considered and that I was not allowed to reapply for pilot until all my previous applications had been completely processed. So I'll be finding out tomorrow if I am in the January boards or not.

Well man I hope everything works out, you have a great kit..sucks to be given this news so close to decision time. Let us know how it turns out, if it doesn't pan out good luck in February.

I also check the threads at work all the time. I don't want my co-workers to know I'm trying and hoping to go to the Navy, so I have to be careful. I always delete the browsing history, so I'm definitely obsessed.

+1

Hahahah I did the same thing at my two previous internships.

motorhead

another hat in the ring...

applied for SNA only

26 male
ASTB: 8/7/7
3.1 GPA in Mechanical Engineering
10 flight hours (rotary wing)

a little short on the volunteering and college sports tip (I tried making a convincing argument that drumming is a sport and we play a lot of charity shows :confused:)

3 letters of rec. 1 retired Commander and 2 former employers

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
another hat in the ring...

applied for SNA only

26 male
ASTB: 8/7/7
3.1 GPA in Mechanical Engineering
10 flight hours (rotary wing)

a little short on the volunteering and college sports tip (I tried making a convincing argument that drumming is a sport and we play a lot of charity shows :confused:)

3 letters of rec. 1 retired Commander and 2 former employers

Nice, a lot of good ASTB scores for this selection board. Did you get word that you made it to the selection board? Some guys applied but then were told they were moved to February.

If you made it, good luck man...tomorrow is the big day!

motorhead

yes, i made it to the January board. no doubt the competition is fierce this month.

thanks for the well wishes, good luck to all of us!

Leviticus

pro-rec SNA
24M
ASTB: 55 6/6/6
Applying: NFO
Degree: BA Biblical Studies, 3 hrs towards an MA in philosophy; studied a mini term at the Green College Oxford University, England in Philosophical Theology

GPA: 3.33

LORS: Several retired Col's in the AF, a retired Major/F-16 pilot AF, Ret. Col. AF F-16 pilot/flight school instructor and my flight instructor, and two of my bosses within our corporate hierarchy.

Other: I'm a licensed irrigator in the state of Texas. I work for the largest landscaping company in the US, the Brickman Group, running the irrigation half of our branch and maintaining a work-order budget of 500k+. I've served in the church in various leadership positions, teaching and music. Like most here, I've done volunteer work, have had a few minor traffic violations (no blinker, rolling stop sign, speeding). My brother is currently at USAFA.

I have my PPL and 75 hours and am hoping to get my complex and hp checks, soon.

PRT...I hate running. 75 su 60 pu 1.5 in 10:27 I ran against some SEAL recruits.

All in all, I just want to be an officer and hopefully a naval aviator.

My name is Levi. I am from Texas. Did I cover all the bases? And did I post this in the right spot or am I supposed to create an "introduction" post?

weeze

How do we find out if we made the January boards? I submitted my package at the end of November, has anyone that submitted their package around that time found out if they made it?

nebekerb

Final Select SNA
Contributor
I submitted around the end of October. I made it on the board. I would think that with you submitting in November you would be on it as well, but your OR should know.

euclid83

FS SNA
How do we find out if we made the January boards? I submitted my package at the end of November, has anyone that submitted their package around that time found out if they made it?

Before the board convenes they should release an "at board" list. Its essentially a list of all the people who will be reviewed that month. Just call your processor and he/she should be able tell you if your at board. Good luck!

maijanka

PRO REC SNA
No joke, holy smokes there are a lot of great scores this time around. Does anybody have any idea how many people they turn away at the boards or does it just depend on timing? Also, anybody hear any word on when we should start hearing? Good luck everybody!

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
Depends on several things...first, are you regular OCS or BDCP? OCS boards only see the first 50 applications at the board, and then they may pro-req (professionally recommend) 5, 25, etc. From there, almost 99% are final select, with those few with background issues, medical waivers, etc. fix their problems before moving on.

Second, what pipeline are you (NA, NFO, SWO...)? Each one has an allotted amount of slots per fiscal year, and depending on the previous boards (the 5 or 25 thing) they may need to accept more or less this time around. It'll vary, so get the best package you can together and apply...and if you don't get in the first time, try, try again.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Today's the big day gentlemen (and ladies). It was hard to sleep last night. I hope we find out soon and good luck to us all. :)

Oh yeah, I wish more people who are on this board but have not yet weighed in would say what's up. Surely it's not just 8-9 of us. :D

euclid83

FS SNA
Today's the big day gentlemen (and ladies). It was hard to sleep last night. I hope we find out soon and good luck to us all. :)

Oh yeah, I wish more people who are on this board but have not yet weighed in would say what's up. Surely it's not just 8-9 of us. :D

I couldnt hardley sleep last night either. Today I've just kept my nose to the grindstone at work just to make it go by faster. So far its working!

It does seem that people arent speaking up a whole lot in this thread. Hopefuly the few who are are the strong applicants, but thats probably just wishful thinking:icon_tong