• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 09 Boards

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Notice to everyone: I see a lot of people, (guests included who have not registered on AirWarriors) that have perused this thread.

I think it would be a good idea if everyone who is up for the January board (and subsequent selection boards) introduce themselves...post some info that you are submitting to the board, whether you are straight OCS, BDCP, etc..etc..just use the format the rest of us have been using in previous posts.

Not only is it good to see where we all are standing, but it will help people that are thinking about putting a kit together know where the bar is currently being set. Time and time again people start a new thread asking "Am i competitive?" If they could just come to these selection threads and see who is and isn't getting picked up every month...they can kind of gauge what is competitive at this moment in time.

Just thought it would be a good idea to help each other out.

Falk

FS SNA
My first time using this...

Hey everyone. I am applying to the January/February boards. My info is as follows:

Sex: Male
College: Colgate University
GPA: 2.9
Major: Philosophy
ASTB: 8/8/9 65
PRT: 96 pu, 90 su, 9:30 1.5m
LORs: All work related
Athletics: 3 years of D1 swimming, team mvp, all-patriot league, school record holder

No flight experience

I actually applied to the last boards and was not accepted. So I retook the ASTB and reapplied. My last scores were 6/6/7 62. Good luck to everyone in Jan/Feb.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
My first time using this...

Hey everyone. I am applying to the January/February boards. My info is as follows:

Sex: Male
College: Colgate University
GPA: 2.9
Major: Philosophy
ASTB: 8/8/9 65
PRT: 96 pu, 90 su, 9:30 1.5m
LORs: All work related
Athletics: 3 years of D1 swimming, team mvp, all-patriot league, school record holder

No flight experience

I actually applied to the last boards and was not accepted. So I retook the ASTB and reapplied. My last scores were 6/6/7 62. Good luck to everyone in Jan/Feb.

Nice, welcome to the AW's. When did you submit for January? Some people who sent after the 15th of December got rolled to February.

maijanka

PRO REC SNA
Well OUSOONER you've twisted my arm. I have been reading these forums for months but I have yet to register until now. I submitted back in mid-November and I am now being looked at for the January boards.

Applying SNA, NFO (emphasis on the SNA)

I scored:
Good High PRT
3.96 GPA Business Administration
Many Extracirriculars and Work Exp
6 LORs from College Prof's, College President, and Work Supervisor's

I offered to retake the test to boost my score but my recruiter insisted my current scores would take me home. If I don't make it in January I will study hard, retake and resubmit ASAP. Hope this helps.

nugget61

pilot
I offered to retake the test to boost my score but my recruiter insisted my current scores would take me home. If I don't make it in January I will study hard, retake and resubmit ASAP. Hope this helps.

Retaking would probably be a bad idea - granted I don't know you, but those are darn good scores. And you don't get to keep the best scores from the ASTB, only your most recent ones.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Well OUSOONER you've twisted my arm. I have been reading these forums for months but I have yet to register until now. I submitted back in mid-November and I am now being looked at for the January boards.

I scored:
Good High PRT
3.96 GPA Business Administration
Many Extracirriculars and Work Exp
6 LORs from College Prof's, College President, and Work Supervisor's

Welcome...sounds like you have a good kit. Good luck to you as well.

Charity

Final Select SNA
It's amazing how slow time goes by when you're waiting on something. I'm glad I have a full-time job to keep me occupied while I wait. I guess Thursday is the 'big day' and hopefully it won't be long before we know something. Good Luck everyone!

euclid83

FS SNA
^^You're right about time going by slow. I also have a full-time job but I spend a good portion of that time on a computer. I find myself checking these threads just about every hour. I know the board doesnt meet until the 15th but I just cant help myself. Im obsessed!

Charity

Final Select SNA
I also check the threads at work all the time. I don't want my co-workers to know I'm trying and hoping to go to the Navy, so I have to be careful. I always delete the browsing history, so I'm definitely obsessed.

Falk

FS SNA
So it turns out my application might not have gone through. In the November boards my recruiter accidentally put my second choice down as SEAL even though I hadn't taken the necessary physical screening tests to qualify. Now for some reason they are saying that that submission is still being considered and that I was not allowed to reapply for pilot until all my previous applications had been completely processed. So I'll be finding out tomorrow if I am in the January boards or not.