• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 09 Boards

rbwill2

"What you post on here will be looked at by the DI's and they will use it against you at OCS."

Uh oh. I could see this getting ugly for some people. I'm pretty good at sticking my foot in my mouth so I'll have to be careful on here.

Anyway, I took the ASTB Dec 18 and THINK my application is signed sealed and delivered so hopefully I can sneak into the Feb boards.

My "stats":
-6/6/7 ASTB
-3.1 GPA and University of Kentucky in Finance in 2007
-Good shape...don't know what I'd pull in the fitness stuff but think I'll do good.
-23 Years Old
-Football (varsity letter jr and sr) and Basketball (varsity letter fr, so, sr) in High School
-Fraternity Rush Chair (a bunch of other things too, but that was the biggest)

euclid83

FS SNA
Finally, after 3 months of waiting I finally got confirmation that I'll be at this month's selection board. I posted my stats in the November 08 Board thread but I'm so excited I want to post them again. My non-official PRT scores have actually improved since my last post. I knew staying in the gym and away from excess food/beer over the holiday would pay off. Okay, here it goes...

Personal Info:
25/Male

Applying for SNA/SNFO
Graduated from Appalachian State University (3.51 gpa)
Major in Environmental Chemistry
Minor in Mathematics
67 8/8/7 ASTB

Extra Curricular Activities:
2 years varsity football (starting tailback)
2 years varsity basketball (guard: not my best sport)
1 year track (200/400 meter)
Appalachian Chemical Society
Appalachian Physics and Astronomy club
Research Experience for Undergraduates program (REU) at Western Kentucky University
EPA volunteer in Green River watershed stream health management

PRT: not official but 100 pushups/100 sit-ups/10:00 1.5 mile run

LORs:
3 from various retired and active duty naval aviators
2 from college professors

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Congrats man...it's great news. But now the REAL wait and anxiety begins. :)

Good luck to all who are "at board" and good luck to getting selected.

Charity

Final Select SNA
I finally went to the cardiologist on Monday for my heart murmur and the cardiologist said he doesn't think it's a big deal at all(MEPS sent me). He said it's not uncommon for athletes to have murmurs and it's most likely a result of high cardiac output producing turbulent flow through the aortic valve...sounds good to me. He did an echo just to rule out any structural abnormalities. I still don't know the results of the echo and I don't know if MEPS will dq me, but my blood pressure was 102/64 and heart rate was 55, so I'm healthy!

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I finally went to the cardiologist on Monday for my heart murmur and the cardiologist said he doesn't think it's a big deal at all(MEPS sent me). He said it's not uncommon for athletes to have murmurs and it's most likely a result of high cardiac output producing turbulent flow through the aortic valve...sounds good to me. He did an echo just to rule out any structural abnormalities. I still don't know the results of the echo and I don't know if MEPS will dq me, but my blood pressure was 102/64 and heart rate was 55, so I'm healthy!

Well that's good news then. Really, I think people worry way too much about MEPS. It is pretty basic. The real one will come if/when we go to NOMI for the flight physical.

Did you find out if your kit made it in time for the January selection?

Charity

Final Select SNA
My recruiter first told me I was on the Feb. boards but then he told me I'm on the Jan. boards. So I'm not sure...I wonder if he has me confused with someone else? I sure hope he's right because I really want to know something quick.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
My recruiter first told me I was on the Feb. boards but then he told me I'm on the Jan. boards. So I'm not sure...I wonder if he has me confused with someone else? I sure hope he's right because I really want to know something quick.

Well either way, good luck. Judging by your previous posts and medical concerns, try not to have a heart attack before then. ;)

nebekerb

Final Select SNA
Contributor
Spoke to my OR today. My package is at board (finally). He also mentioned that the board is meeting sooner than usual, and that hopefully the results will be known by the middle of next week. Here's to hoping the best for everyone!

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Spoke to my OR today. My package is at board (finally). He also mentioned that the board is meeting sooner than usual, and that hopefully the results will be known by the middle of next week. Here's to hoping the best for everyone!

What does that mean? That's pretty vague...can you clarify exactly? This is how those pesky rumors get started.

nebekerb

Final Select SNA
Contributor
What does that mean? That's pretty vague...can you clarify exactly? This is how those pesky rumors get started.

Believe me, I know it's vague. If I could say an exact day, I would. Just giving you the info my OR gave me.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Believe me, I know it's vague. If I could say an exact day, I would. Just giving you the info my OR gave me.

I see..I was just trying to avoid a situation where everyone starts posting asking if the board convened etc etc..then every OR is getting called saying they got it from AirWarriors that the board results would be out earlier than usual.

I think until otherwise it would be best to assume it is running like normal like every other board.

euclid83

FS SNA
That would be freakin' sweet if they did meet early, but I agree with OUSOONER. I'm just going to assume they're meeting on the traditional 15th of every month. The anxiety is already killing me, the last thing I need is unsubstantiated rumors driving me up the walls. Good luck to all!