• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 010 Boards!!!

N9148Q

Contributor
Im right there with you on the excited and nervous part. I talked to my recruiter earlier today and he didnt mention anything about a "LIST" but who knows. These last few weeks seem to be going by very slow.

Triumph57

I think it is quiet precisely because people are so nervous and excited. I am only 85% sure I will even be seen by this board. The hours seem like days, days like months, weeks like years. I check Airwarriors at least 782,905 times per day to see if anyone posted anything in the last 0.5 seconds that might affect my fate. I haven't felt this way since I still believed in Santa Clause.

sbudnik1

pilot
Yeah, when i talked to my recruiter last week he said that no list had been drawn up yet, but that my application had been downloaded and received. Hopefully that is a good sign. Here's to hoping that everyone's package will be seen this month and that results will come out soon. The wait is a killer. Good luck all.

nugget61

pilot
Yeah, this thread is like a ghost town - the thread I was in before my PRK was some 34 pages long...
Waiting does suck. As of lunch yesterday my OR said that the at board list wasn't out yet, but also said that they come back from the break slowly.

richiep243

This thread is too quiet! The board should be meeting this week or the next. Lets get excited or nervous guys (I am both).
Did anyone hear anything in regards to "The List" of applicants being reviewed by this month's board? My recruiter said I may not be on the board because of the excessive number of applicant, but I don't see a lot of action in this Jan thread.

Best of Luck everyone!!!
Fly Navy

I submitted my package back in October and I'm finally now up for the boards due to the amount of people applying for SNA and NFO. Good luck to you and hopefully we hear some good news soon.

kitemen

I submitted my package back in October and I'm finally now up for the boards due to the amount of people applying for SNA and NFO. Good luck to you and hopefully we hear some good news soon.

That was not the reply I was hoping for!!! hooo well... I did my part.

Triumph57

Towards the end of October, after the deadline for the November board or before the deadline and you got rolled due to too many applicants?

NYYanks

Tweaking off my coffee
How do you know?
I def agree, the boards here for this bit have been dead, who knows, maybe it will light up with an explosion once the results come out. Maybe there are not that many candidates (doubt that). To answer you PT, this is the typical time frame the boards meet during the month, which is why I said should. I'm gonna go with the processors advice to me though and give him a call at the end of the month to see what has happened.

goblue1243

Just submitted my package today for the January boards:

Applying for Pilot, NFO, and SWO

-M/23
-Graduated Embry Riddle Aeronautics 3.0
-ASTB 5/6/5 45 OAR
-LORs O-6 ret, professor and ex marine pilot, priest, 2 former employers
-Commercial pilot's license with 300 hours
-President of ERAU swim club
-Assistant Middle School Basketball Coach

Best of Luck to all of you!

Flylow29

22/M
SNA
52 7/7/6
Aviation Management & Flight 3.4 From Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Aerospace Maintenance A.A.S. From Community College of the Air Force

Flight Experience: Commercial and Instrument Rating with 213 hours. Working on MEL in a Cessna 310

Air National Guard/KC-135 Crew Chief for almost 5 years.
Awards: Air Force Achievement Medal, Air Reserves Forces Meritorious Service Medal and a few others.

Played Football, basketball and track in high school and am involved in intramural sports in college.

Letters of Recommendation: I have 5 of them but they are not all the greatest.

N9148Q

Contributor
goblue, The january boards or February? If I remeber you had to have package in by like Dec 15 for January?

Triumph57

I talked to my OR today. I found out that my waiver for previous MJ use was approved by "the big navy" and that I am set for the January boards. He said they should be meeting later this week. I am so excited.

Level 50 Zapdos

22/M
Pilot/Intel
ASTB 44 :(
3.29 GPA from central conn state - Criminology major
LORs - O-3 Nuke, O-2 SWO, Professor, Former employer
Extracurricular - Baseball, X-Country, Wrestling, Tennis (4 Years in HS), Parkour Freerunner, Municipal police explorers, Deans list
Flight Experience: RC Planes lol
Clean history (with the exception of speeding)

The only thing i'm bummed about is the astb score, other than that i'm pumped. Submitted package early dec, waiting in the same boat as all of you.