• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 010 Boards!!!

P3toP8

I'm not saying you guys are wrong about the boards being cancelled, but I am skeptical. We hear this same story over and over, from what I understand there hasn't been any cancelled boards over the years. Month after month (not including Dec) guys/gals are being accepted. Don't get me wrong, if my OR told me that boards are cancelled you guys would be the first to know too. It's just hard to believe when we hear this over and over, I also think that sometimes OR's don't get all the correct info or they just like messing with our heads.

Scruff

None
Contributor
I also think that sometimes OR's don't get all the correct info or they just like messing with our heads.

^This.
I just think its easier for them to tell us the boards are canceled than to go into detail about why we will not be looked at for that certain month.

richiep243

^This.
I just think its easier for them to tell us the boards are canceled than to go into detail about why we will not be looked at for that certain month.

I concur. I'm almost certain they will have the board.
I worked with some recruiters a few years back and they were the absolute worst! They would lie and evade questions all the time just to take the heat off of them. Remember, it is your application and your life; no one is going to care about it as much as you do. So if your not proactive with your application the recruiter isn't going to be either. Make sure you follow up with it daily, and weekly after it is submitted.

pt6776

Not true. OR's are looking to let you know what is going on. Every month there ARE boards that dont happen. Look at AIMD, INTEL, SWO- all have had months w/o boards. It is as the say - The boards meet when they meet.

N9148Q

Contributor
Ok so maybe its a combination of messing with us and maybe avoiding having to explain things. Or if you call your recruiter daily he maybe he would tell you they are cancled just to get you/us off their backs. Im sure the phone rings enough for them right now. Ill keep my hopes up that the boars are not cancled and continue to do as usual eat, sleep, drink, work out, and check air warrior a 1000 times a day.

pt6776

"from what I understand there hasn't been any cancelled boards over the years"

My bad, just want to make sure we are all on the same page.

Flylow29

I just got a call from my Recruiter and he said that I am at the boards for sure. Thought some people might like to know that....

NYYanks

Tweaking off my coffee
... and the nail biting and anxiousness continues. I wonder if I will get through the medical screening in Newport if I have no nails, or will that be a new type of NPQ.

flyman3456

Goshawk
Hey guys don't forget to enjoy the moment! If we are selected we will look back on this moment 50 years later and remember how exciting it was to have seemingly endless opportunities available. Every job sucks to some degree once you've learned everything and you settle into reality. However, right now at this moment we are all excited at the prospect of going somewhere new and doing something great. Granted it may not be as exciting as the moments after receiving a pro rec or a fs. At least we all have some glimmer of hope in our lives.

Its not about the view from the top of the mountain, but the climb to the top. Be happy with how far you have come to be here now. For me, I never thought I would graduate college, and I never thought I would be applying to become a Navy Officer. And I never thought I would be able to do 20 pullups, 70 pushups, or run 3 miles in 20 minutes. But I did, and I'm so thankful that I am here today. Take your eyes off the goal for just a moment, look where you are, and be happy.

Gus Gorilla

Flyman, that's one helluva post. Deep. And I really like it. Thanks.
I can now log off AW for the night and not dig around on here playing the "what if" game.

jtmedli

pilot
Its not about the view from the top of the mountain, but the climb to the top. Be happy with how far you have come to be here now. For me, I never thought I would graduate college, and I never thought I would be applying to become a Navy Officer. And I never thought I would be able to do 20 pullups, 70 pushups, or run 3 miles in 20 minutes. But I did, and I'm so thankful that I am here today. Take your eyes off the goal for just a moment, look where you are, and be happy.

Concur, I'm a better person simply for having pursued this career path. There are things about me that no-one can change now and I'm thankful for that alone.