• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

iJudgeee

Question: On the 4th my recruiter received a call from "someone" (I'm not exactly sure who) saying they want to move me along but they needed my final transcripts as the last thing for the FS letter. ( I graduated about a month before the board so I didn't have them by the deadlines) MEPS and Security Clearance already done. My recruiter sent in the transcripts the same day and said I should hear something within 8 - 10 days. Still no word. Is it possible that I just got pushed out since it everything wasn't there when they wanted? Would they hold it and send it out as normal? Any thoughts?

neppler

In 10 miles, turn left on V198...recalculating...
None
Question: On the 4th my recruiter received a call from "someone" (I'm not exactly sure who) saying they want to move me along but they needed my final transcripts as the last thing for the FS letter. ( I graduated about a month before the board so I didn't have them by the deadlines) MEPS and Security Clearance already done. My recruiter sent in the transcripts the same day and said I should hear something within 8 - 10 days. Still no word. Is it possible that I just got pushed out since it everything wasn't there when they wanted? Would they hold it and send it out as normal? Any thoughts?

I wouldn't imagine you got pushed out considering how quickly you got your transcripts sent out. A lot of us are waiting far beyond the original time given, so I would think you're in the same situation. I was cleared by N3M and the security background check nearly a month ago and still don't have a solid date. We just have to wait and trust that there is a method to this waiting game :) no news is good news.

iJudgeee

I wouldn't imagine you got pushed out considering how quickly you got your transcripts sent out. A lot of us are waiting far beyond the original time given, so I would think you're in the same situation. I was cleared by N3M and the security background check nearly a month ago and still don't have a solid date. We just have to wait and trust that there is a method to this waiting game :) no news is good news.

Appreciate it. The way my recruiter was talking, he acted like they really wanted to push the Pro Rec'd NFO's through for this year since so many get DQ'd in training. But then I saw someone post that the FS letter gives you a date no sooner than three months and no later than six. If that's true, its gonna be hard to make it through by this FY.

neppler

None
Appreciate it. The way my recruiter was talking, he acted like they really wanted to push the Pro Rec'd NFO's through for this year since so many get DQ'd in training. But then I saw someone post that the FS letter gives you a date no sooner than three months and no later than six. If that's true, its gonna be hard to make it through by this FY.

It's just a general trend I believe. And you may not make it into a class by the end of the FY, but that shouldn't be a problem. From what my recruiter thinks, I won't be heading out until late October, putting me in FY13. It seems to be all about filling spots as they've opened. There are probably people from early FY12 still waiting for their class to start, and them filling the classes in mid to end of FY12 puts some of us in classes in FY13. I still think you'll be fine, I'd just give your OR a call near the 14 day mark from when you sent your transcripts. Both to see if anything has happened, and to reaffirm your commitment to the process.

jakerx

Pro-Rec'd SNA & NFO Jan. 2012
A quick update:

I spoke with my OR today. He informed me that my FS letter is at Division (not sure if I'm recalling the name correctly). This is the final step before the actual signing and issuance of the letter. Another pilot select from my NRD has been at this same stage for approximately two weeks now, so hopefully both of ours will be issued relatively soon.

In addition, another pilot select from my NRD is at the step directly before mine (what I believe my OR referred to as "program manager.") Looks like things are moving along for us now.

Chief, perhaps you can shed some light on the various steps for us?

exNavyOffRec

The PM picks the OCS date, then the letter goes to the Director of OCS accessions or his deputy for signature, then it is released to the field, your OR should be able to see your OCS date even though the letter isn't signed, it would be in CIRIMS, if he can't see an OCS date they you are still at square one.

jakerx

Pro-Rec'd SNA & NFO Jan. 2012
The PM picks the OCS date, then the letter goes to the Director of OCS accessions or his deputy for signature, then it is released to the field, your OR should be able to see your OCS date even though the letter isn't signed, it would be in CIRIMS, if he can't see an OCS date they you are still at square one.
Ah ok. Thanks for the clarification. I'll ask him about it and will report back.

neppler

None

That would explain why my recruiter said my letter is still awaiting a signature, but was fairly sure my class date is in October. I do recall him saying it was past the PM, but didn't know what that stood for until now. Thanks!

canav08

Final Select SNA OCS 08 July 12
ugh, I hope I'm not at "square one". My OR has not said anything about my class date but I have not asked either. I'm hoping its one of those things where he and the processor are just choosing not to say until they know for sure so they don't have anybody making plans on info that could change.

Can they see that your letter is in the system and generated without seeing the class date (if one exists)?

Otherwise, good news! Seems we should all be moving forward here shortly!

exNavyOffRec

ugh, I hope I'm not at "square one". My OR has not said anything about my class date but I have not asked either. I'm hoping its one of those things where he and the processor are just choosing not to say until they know for sure so they don't have anybody making plans on info that could change.

Can they see that your letter is in the system and generated without seeing the class date (if one exists)?

Otherwise, good news! Seems we should all be moving forward here shortly!

No the letter is generated after the date is put in the system. I have only see one person have an OCS date change after it was in the system, and that was his fault.

iJudgeee

My recruiter says he hasn't heard anything even though it seems like we should have been getting a letter by now from my old recruiter. I'm just wondering if I should ask my new recruiter if he can check on CIRIMS. Would it be rude of me? I obviously don't want to tell him how to do his job but I want to know if there is anything to look forward to.

exNavyOffRec

My recruiter says he hasn't heard anything even though it seems like we should have been getting a letter by now from my old recruiter. I'm just wondering if I should ask my new recruiter if he can check on CIRIMS. Would it be rude of me? I obviously don't want to tell him how to do his job but I want to know if there is anything to look forward to.

I would have the processor do it.