• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

neppler

In 10 miles, turn left on V198...recalculating...
None
It's been three months since my pro-rec, five weeks from being notified that I was PQ'd and my background check cleared, and two weeks from being notified that I may be heading to OCS in October (big maybe). Still no FS though. Anybody else in remotely the same position?

jakerx

Pro-Rec'd SNA & NFO Jan. 2012
It's been three months since my pro-rec, five weeks from being notified that I was PQ'd and my background check cleared, and two weeks from being notified that I may be heading to OCS in October (big maybe). Still no FS though. Anybody else in remotely the same position?
Yep. Three months since pro-rec. Probably a month and a half or two since I was PQ'd, and if I'm not mistaken, a security clearance need only be initiated, not completed for a FS to be processed. My investigation was initiated probably a little over a month or so ago.

MGoBrew11

pilot
3 months since pro-rec.

Still have not even been to MEPS. They wouldn't let me go until went for my last PRK checkup. That was last Friday. Waiting on a MEPS appointment to get the PQ/investigation opened.

Apparently I'm pushing some deadlines for losing the pro-rec now.

Talk about hurry up and wait.

staff03

3 months since pro-rec.

Still have not even been to MEPS. They wouldn't let me go until went for my last PRK checkup. That was last Friday. Waiting on a MEPS appointment to get the PQ/investigation opened.

Apparently I'm pushing some deadlines for losing the pro-rec now.

Talk about hurry up and wait.
Is it because you haven't been to MEPS yet that they are saying you are approaching a deadline? Just wondering if the rest of us that haven't received our FS yet are also approaching a deadline for losing the pro-rec?

MGoBrew11

pilot
Is it because you haven't been to MEPS yet that they are saying you are approaching a deadline? Just wondering if the rest of us that haven't received our FS yet are also approaching a deadline for losing the pro-rec?

Nah, I think you are safe. I believe it is because really no paperwork has been filed on my behalf to keep the pro-rec. I'm guessing my OR has already asked for extensions for me and gotten them. They probably told him that my last extension would be my last. This is such a frustrating process. I've been at it for 2 years now.

Robby

Mmm... Butter Bars

Three months since pro rec. Not even a glimpse of a date yet.

canav08

Final Select SNA OCS 08 July 12

Still in exact same position. FS letter is in the system waiting to be signed since at least about 3 wks ago. I heard from my recruiter on Friday and he also said "I think they might be trying to put you in the October class." I then found out that he had submitted me for METOC (don't know when that board took place, was told March) without telling me until now. We had discussed it long before I knew I was selected for Pilot but I figured he would not submit me to that board unless I was not pro rec'd for pilot. I was selected for that as well, not sure if I have to administratively sign something saying I want pilot or what. Recruiter said something like "they might want you more for that than pilot". Don't know what that means or if they can force me to take one over the other, don't really know what the hell is going on to be honest and its making me nervous.

At least other SNA/SNFO selects from the Jan board are in the same position so it does not concern me quite as much. The wait continues.

neppler

None
So we're not alone, I suppose that's good. Bren, I hope you're able to get a MEPS date soon! Yeah Canav, I hear ya on the nervousness. I wouldn't force it, but I'd definitely make sure your recruiter is aware of which slot you really want, just in case that weighs on what you go in for. All this will be worth it in the end, IMHO.

Tonkovich.J

From what I have read it appears that its 2+ months for FS and 6+ months for OCS from the date of pro-rec. Have any others on here seen something similar? I'm just trying to get a better understanding of the whole process because I received my pro-rec today.

canav08

Final Select SNA OCS 08 July 12
From what I have read it appears that its 2+ months for FS and 6+ months for OCS from the date of pro-rec. Have any others on here seen something similar? I'm just trying to get a better understanding of the whole process because I received my pro-rec today.

Its really hard to say, it seems to depend on the community and a bunch of other things.

Some of the pilot selects from my board (Jan) are just about at OCS now and received FS letters within about 2wks of clearing MEPS and submitting all the paperwork. Others, like me, are still waiting,

neppler

None
Just out of curiosity, is anyone else here from NRD San Diego?

matt622

I just talked to my recruiter today and got some disturbing news. I received my pro-rec from the Jan board for SNA. I immediately worked on scheduling a flight physical (due to needing a waiver for Lasik) and the earliest date I could get was March 1st. The physical went fine and the paperwork was sent off immediately to NAMI for review and hopefully approval. The flight surgeon said that the wait could be around 3 months for a waiver due to the severe back up in the system. Anyway, my recruiter told me today that if I don't get the waiver by the end of today, I will lose my pro-rec. He said I could go NFO if I wanted but I guess I can't get an extension for the pilot pro-rec any longer than 90 days. Does this sound correct, and is there anything I can do? We've been on top of everything from the get go and there have been no delays due to anything on my part. What are my options going forward if they really do kick me out. Can I reject the NFO offer and re-apply for a pro-rec at a later date? I don't know what to do and I supposedly have until the close of business today to decide......

Amauri

ET1 (SW) Pro Rec SWO
Is the wait different for people on active duty? I already have a clearance and completed my physical.

exNavyOffRec

I just talked to my recruiter today and got some disturbing news. I received my pro-rec from the Jan board for SNA. I immediately worked on scheduling a flight physical (due to needing a waiver for Lasik) and the earliest date I could get was March 1st. The physical went fine and the paperwork was sent off immediately to NAMI for review and hopefully approval. The flight surgeon said that the wait could be around 3 months for a waiver due to the severe back up in the system. Anyway, my recruiter told me today that if I don't get the waiver by the end of today, I will lose my pro-rec. He said I could go NFO if I wanted but I guess I can't get an extension for the pilot pro-rec any longer than 90 days. Does this sound correct, and is there anything I can do? We've been on top of everything from the get go and there have been no delays due to anything on my part. What are my options going forward if they really do kick me out. Can I reject the NFO offer and re-apply for a pro-rec at a later date? I don't know what to do and I supposedly have until the close of business today to decide......

the deadline is for any program, but make sure they keep NRC advised that it isn't your fault