• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

jgwalker

FS NFO, 29 JUL
Congrats man. Whats the next step?

Thanks. The Director of OCS Accessions will sign the physical letter, then send it to my recruiter. I'll go in, sign it, and swear in. After that, I just have to wait until August. And the Pre-OCS fitness test, when the 19th gets closer.

canav08

Final Select SNA OCS 08 July 12
No update on the CIRIMS for me. After I get my final select letter do I have to go back to meps before OCS? Is it everything we did the first time? And when does the physical for aviation officers take place?

No, you should not have to go back to MEPS post FS letter. Your full MEPS physical is valid for 2yrs.

Everybody at OCS gets some level of physical during the first week in Newport, Aviation candidates get a flight physical during that time and again in Pensacola.

Do tell on the pre ocs fitness assesment, I was under the impression that you will do one shortly after arriving but not before. I dont think anybody is getting fitness tests before reporting to OCS since the NRDs stopped doing them.

djguernsey

Pro-Rec SNA - OCS Class Date 27 May 2012
All that I've heard and read is that NRD's aren't doing pre-ocs PFT's. You do have to weigh in, and they give a mock PRT your first week at OCS. The OCS website itself says that you have to pass the PRT in your fourth week there.

Now, I don't know if you can volunteer to do one or not, but if you aren't in BDCP and are a non-prior, current gouge is no pre-ocs fitness test. I just know I'm leaving in a months time and I don't need to do a PRT beforehand.

MGoBrew11

pilot
For you guys that have gotten a date recently, how long is it taking right now to get the final select from finalizing paper work?

My 6 month check up for PRK is tomorrow and then my OR is going to schedule my MEPS visit. I'm getting antsy to finally have a final select but I know it will probably still be awhile since I probably won't get into MEPS until next week or the week after.

jgwalker

FS NFO, 29 JUL
All that I've heard and read is that NRD's aren't doing pre-ocs PFT's. You do have to weigh in, and they give a mock PRT your first week at OCS. The OCS website itself says that you have to pass the PRT in your fourth week there.

Now, I don't know if you can volunteer to do one or not, but if you aren't in BDCP and are a non-prior, current gouge is no pre-ocs fitness test. I just know I'm leaving in a months time and I don't need to do a PRT beforehand.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I thought I had heard my recruiter mention something about it towards the beginning of the process, but that was a while ago.

Bren, I finalized my paperwork in around 20th Feb, just found out my date yesterday. I did, though, have a small issue. I was also up for the IW board that just happened, so I had to let them know that since I was already pro-rec'd for NFO, I didn't want to be considered for IW. Before that, my recruiter originally estimated about 3-4 weeks, I don't know how accurate that would be for anyone else

iJudgeee

No, you should not have to go back to MEPS post FS letter. Your full MEPS physical is valid for 2yrs.

Everybody at OCS gets some level of physical during the first week in Newport, Aviation candidates get a flight physical during that time and again in Pensacola.

Do tell on the pre ocs fitness assesment, I was under the impression that you will do one shortly after arriving but not before. I dont think anybody is getting fitness tests before reporting to OCS since the NRDs stopped doing them.
I thought you still had to go back to meps though. It seemed like some people going to boot camp had to go back to meps just to check height and weight. I wasn't sure if it was the same for OCS.

canav08

Final Select SNA OCS 08 July 12
I thought you still had to go back to meps though. It seemed like some people going to boot camp had to go back to meps just to check height and weight. I wasn't sure if it was the same for OCS.

I dont believe so, at least from what my recruiter told me and what Ive heard.

I think its assumed that if your headed to OCS and are this far along that your ass is responsible enough to not report overweight.

exNavyOffRec

Yes, we were told to stop doing the pre OCS fitness test

MGoBrew11

pilot
Ok, thanks for the clarification. I thought I had heard my recruiter mention something about it towards the beginning of the process, but that was a while ago.

Bren, I finalized my paperwork in around 20th Feb, just found out my date yesterday. I did, though, have a small issue. I was also up for the IW board that just happened, so I had to let them know that since I was already pro-rec'd for NFO, I didn't want to be considered for IW. Before that, my recruiter originally estimated about 3-4 weeks, I don't know how accurate that would be for anyone else

Thanks jgwalker. Useful info. And it sounds like from what NavyOffRec said in a different thread I probably won't be going until October or November. Damn. Pluses and minuses to this I suppose.

Pluses: A whole summer to work out and party. Then more beer and college football to be attended to.
Minuses: I can't even think about being in Pensacola until February.

AbSUP

Pro-Rec SNA/NFO/Supply
I just heard back from that board last Wednesday, so it's not entirely out of the question that your recruiter might not have the info yet.