• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

jakerx

Pro-Rec'd SNA & NFO Jan. 2012
Well, I got an update on my security clearance. As I mentioned in an earlier post, my SF-86 was submitted using e-QIP through OPM since there were glitches in the original submission through NASIS.

It turns out OPM opened up the wrong kind of security clearance investigation on me so my civilian processors are trying to figure out how to fix the problem.

edt957

Pro-rec SNA
I have to wait another 5 months before I can even be re-evaluated by N3M because of my hernia surdgery. So, according to my recruiter I will be going to Jan '13 OCS. Anything like this happen to anyone else? (For what it's worth, I was already qualified through both MEPS and NAMI b/c I first applied with the Marines. They did everything before selection)

canav08

Final Select SNA OCS 08 July 12
I have to wait another 5 months before I can even be re-evaluated by N3M because of my hernia surdgery. So, according to my recruiter I will be going to Jan '13 OCS. Anything like this happen to anyone else? (For what it's worth, I was already qualified through both MEPS and NAMI b/c I first applied with the Marines. They did everything before selection)

I had a hernia repaired about a year ago now. If I understand the process correctly, I had to be cleared through N3M BEFORE I could even start to formally apply back in October. My recruiter had to send all my documents up to MEPS and then they had to be looked at by N3M. This was all without me ever going to MEPS. I was allowed to proceed only when they confirmed that 6 mo had passed and at least loosely approved of the paperwork. I then had a full MEPS physical after I was pro rec'ed.

I'm kind of surprised you were able to apply with less than 6 months on the clock since your surgery. I don't know what the hard and fast rule technically is, 6 months until you can apply, 6 months until you can report to OCS, etc. Not really sure. The way it was always explained to me is "you cant even apply until 6mo has elapsed since your surgery".

I hope it all works out for ya and you are good to go come FY2013. A little delay is no big deal, I flat out lost a slot with the AF due to my hernia.

edt957

Pro-rec SNA
Ughhh that sucks man. Yea I had the strangest timing for it, I found out I had a hernia a day before I was told I received a pro-rec. As I was told, it was by the slimmest of margins that I was able to maintain my status and get approved for Jan. What I still don't understand is if I have a spot currently, or if we're gonna shoot for that class with crossed fingers. Either way, I'm just glad I still have that ever elusive pro-recommendation

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
I had a hernia repaired about a year ago now. If I understand the process correctly, I had to be cleared through N3M BEFORE I could even start to formally apply back in October. My recruiter had to send all my documents up to MEPS and then they had to be looked at by N3M. This was all without me ever going to MEPS. I was allowed to proceed only when they confirmed that 6 mo had passed and at least loosely approved of the paperwork. I then had a full MEPS physical after I was pro rec'ed.

I'm kind of surprised you were able to apply with less than 6 months on the clock since your surgery. I don't know what the hard and fast rule technically is, 6 months until you can apply, 6 months until you can report to OCS, etc. Not really sure. The way it was always explained to me is "you cant even apply until 6mo has elapsed since your surgery".

I hope it all works out for ya and you are good to go come FY2013. A little delay is no big deal, I flat out lost a slot with the AF due to my hernia.

Similar story here. I had a Hernia repair in Dec of 2010, went to MEPs Dec of 2011. It's obviously been over a year now but the process seemed pretty easy to me. Gave my surgery docs to my recruiter, he sent them off to where they needed to go, and I didn't hear a thing about it really in MEPs one bit.

canav08

Final Select SNA OCS 08 July 12
Similar story here. I had a Hernia repair in Dec of 2010, went to MEPs Dec of 2011. It's obviously been over a year now but the process seemed pretty easy to me. Gave my surgery docs to my recruiter, he sent them off to where they needed to go, and I didn't hear a thing about it really in MEPs one bit.

Same here. The docs at MEPS barely glanced at the 21 pages of medical documentation from my surgery. Did not even take a second look during the physical and we're far more concerned about a few scrapes on my arm that they thought was a rash than anything else, haha. I hope the OCS physical is as easy in that department anyways.

exNavyOffRec

No requirement to be cleared through N3M before application, no matter what the issue, that is just the NRD hindering you and them.

It is 6 months before cleared by N3M, you have to be cleared before you can get an OCS date.

exNavyOffRec

FYI, you physical cannot exceed 2 years before graduating OCS, if it does be aware you will need to get a physical again.

Ashfrank

T-45C instructor, airline guy
Just checked in with my recruiter, apparently my letter is currently sitting on the desk to be signed. Should be available "within a week". Hopefully the rest of your letters are close too.

Maybe it's done in batches. About a week and a half ago my recruiter was visiting my processor at NRD and they gave me a call on speaker. Same thing: "Any day now..."

I just keep watching those Hi Moms videos on Youtube; staying motivated!

natheo

FS SNA, July 8
I've taken the mindset that if my recruiter's not worried I'm not worried. Trying to just relax and get some stuff done, but yeah, the wait sucks.

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
I've taken the mindset that if my recruiter's not worried I'm not worried. Trying to just relax and get some stuff done, but yeah, the wait sucks.
Very true. Every time I sign onto this board I read a new post and feel like I've missed a step somewhere in my process.

jleex88

Supply Corps
Have any fellow Jan Supply pro-recs received any FS letters yet?

I've been very busy recently, but can't help the random moments of anxiousness.

jakerx

Pro-Rec'd SNA & NFO Jan. 2012
Recieve a FS letter I have not.
Clever reply, that is.

Also, an update on my status: Looks like CNRC accepted the security clearance initiation by OPM and now we're just waiting for an FS letter.

On a sidenote: Does anyone have the list of FY 2013 OCS dates?