• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

canav08

Final Select SNA OCS 08 July 12
Still nothing here.

13 days ago I was told an FS letter was in the system waiting to be signed.

I'm beginning to think either the processor misspoke or something is wrong. Should it really take this long for it to be signed?

neppler

In 10 miles, turn left on V198...recalculating...
None
Nothing here either. Was told 20 days ago that my letter was waiting to be signed as well. Maybe it just takes a while to get everything together to be sent to each NRD. I'm being optimistic :)

cdl

Pro-Rec IP
On a sidenote: Does anyone have the list of FY 2013 OCS dates?

Upcoming OCS dates... (as I'm sure you're aware, any class graduating after 01Oct12 will be FY13)

Convene Date - Grad Date
2012-MAY-06 - 2012-JUL-27
2012-MAY-27 - 2012-AUG-17
2012-JUN-17 - 2012-SEP-07
2012-JUL-08 - 2012-SEP-28
2012-JUL-29 - 2012-OCT-19
2012-AUG-19 - 2012-NOV-09
2012-SEP-09 - 2012-NOV-30
2012-SEP-30 - 2012-DEC-21
2012-OCT-21 - 2013-JAN-25
2012-NOV-11 - 2013-FEB-15
2012-DEC-02 - 2013-MAR-08
2013-JAN-06 - 2013-MAR-29
2013-JAN-27 - 2013-APR-19
2013-FEB-17 - 2013-MAY-10
2013-MAR-10 - 2013-MAY-31
2013-MAR-31 - 2013-JUN-21
2013-APR-21 - 2013-JUL-12
2013-MAY-12 - 2013-AUG-02
2013-JUN-02 - 2013-AUG-23
2013-JUN-23 - 2013-SEP-13

Robby

Mmm... Butter Bars
Clever reply, that is.

Also, an update on my status: Looks like CNRC accepted the security clearance initiation by OPM and now we're just waiting for an FS letter.

On a sidenote: Does anyone have the list of FY 2013 OCS dates?

I didn't face any problems with my security clearance and I finished MEPS and all the required paperwork the week after I was pro rec'd. I was told they are waiting for this next Supply board (which is this month) to determine slots. If this is so, then we Supply guys should recieve FS dates here shortly... perhaps this month? Has anyone heard anything similar, or different?

cBoehme

Pro Rec SWO July 2012
Hey Guys, was wondering if anyone could help clarify some things for me? I was under the impression that the SWO board wasn't happening in July then I saw that it was. I also saw somewhere that there were not any 2012 or 2013 fiscal year positions slated for SWO candidates. Can someone in the know please clarify if there are SWO positions opening up for this July and Fall board and if so do you know how many positions? Any info would be great!

exNavyOffRec

I didn't face any problems with my security clearance and I finished MEPS and all the required paperwork the week after I was pro rec'd. I was told they are waiting for this next Supply board (which is this month) to determine slots. If this is so, then we Supply guys should recieve FS dates here shortly... perhaps this month? Has anyone heard anything similar, or different?

There is no supply board this month, in general a FS is issued 6 months out or less so they probably are still working on those within 6 months.

exNavyOffRec

Hey Guys, was wondering if anyone could help clarify some things for me? I was under the impression that the SWO board wasn't happening in July then I saw that it was. I also saw somewhere that there were not any 2012 or 2013 fiscal year positions slated for SWO candidates. Can someone in the know please clarify if there are SWO positions opening up for this July and Fall board and if so do you know how many positions? Any info would be great!

There is a SWO board that started today, how many selected during this board will determine the rest of the boards, if they select a lot, then don't expect much later on, they only need to fill 60 spots total for FY13 to make goal

SupplyHopeful

Hello all. I just had a question for those that have gone past this point.

My packet for supply went for the march board. Anyone have an idea when I might hear back if I'm preselect or not? Thanks in advance.

neppler

In 10 miles, turn left on V198...recalculating...
None
Spoke to my recruiter today. The good news is that it's not taking so long because of a problem. The bad news is he still doesn't know what's taking so long. He said he believes I may have a class date of October, but not to quote him on that. Here's my theory (someone tell me if I'm gravely misinformed): From what I can tell from reading around a bit, one can expect a letter no less than three and no more than six months from their class date, generally. Since my class may be in October, that would make next week exactly six months. Perhaps that's why my letter hasn't been signed yet. Again, I could be way off, but I like to analyze things. But if that's the case, those of you who still haven't heard back, fear not. Could be the same situation.

canav08

Final Select SNA OCS 08 July 12
Spoke to my recruiter today. The good news is that it's not taking so long because of a problem. The bad news is he still doesn't know what's taking so long. He said he believes I may have a class date of October, but not to quote him on that. Here's my theory (someone tell me if I'm gravely misinformed): From what I can tell from reading around a bit, one can expect a letter no less than three and no more than six months from their class date, generally. Since my class may be in October, that would make next week exactly six months. Perhaps that's why my letter hasn't been signed yet. Again, I could be way off, but I like to analyze things. But if that's the case, those of you who still haven't heard back, fear not. Could be the same situation.

Thanks for updating us on your situation.

That sounds like a totally plausible reason to me. It sort of fits with signed FS letters for some of the other January aviation selects coming in within 2wks of signing and submitting the required docs and then all the sudden a bunch of us from the same board and same community hit a brick wall and we are at 1 month + and counting. Hard to believe Millington would all the sudden start dragging their feet without some method to their madness, especially with them just waiting to be signed, your scenario makes perfect sense.

If thats the reason and the letters could be good to go as of next week, that would be really great for me. I'm moving back "home" 2,500 miles away from my OR and would really like to get the FS letter and possibly swear in before I leave. I don't know what the procedure (if any) would be to swear in at another NRD but I'd really rather not get into it. I look at any movement of paperwork as another possibility for something to get messed up, me pushed back for some reason, etc. Id rather shell out $500 to get on a plane back to my recruiters office if necessary, lol.

natheo

FS SNA, July 8
Received a phone call this morning, FS SNA, August 19. That's a ways off, but by no means long compared to what I've seen. It gives me plenty of time to prepare!

My avatar is a pretty accurate representation of my feelings right now.

Just clarifying that this was a verbal I received from my recruiter, I am still waiting on the actual FS letter.

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
Just clarifying that this was a verbal I received from my recruiter, I am still waiting on the actual FS letter.

I'm up for the April board, curious when I can possibly expect my OCS date. Do you know what dates others from your board are receiving?

Robby

Mmm... Butter Bars
Hello all. I just had a question for those that have gone past this point.

My packet for supply went for the march board. Anyone have an idea when I might hear back if I'm preselect or not? Thanks in advance.

I went before the January board for Supply and was told of my status within about two weeks. Those were a long two weeks.

Good luck!

natheo

FS SNA, July 8
I heard about my pro rec on Feb 2, found out about my date last week. That's my time table, seems different for everyone.