• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

JFShampy

pilot
Recruiter called today... I might be out of luck on being a pilot.

I turn 27 on August 11th... HQ is having trouble finding me an OCS date before I'll age out of the program. My only hope is that someone will switch OCS class dates with me. He expects a call back by tomorrow, at the latest the end of the week.

I have my fingers crossed and will be praying hard tonight.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not so much that the Navy wants you, but rather you get PROREC'd Yes and you cannot complete a medical physical or pass a security clearance.
Or if a ProRec'd applicant was later found to be involved in an ARI, drugs, or some other incident/arrest involving moral turpitude.:(
BzB

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
Recruiter called today... I might be out of luck on being a pilot.

I turn 27 on August 11th... HQ is having trouble finding me an OCS date before I'll age out of the program. My only hope is that someone will switch OCS class dates with me. He expects a call back by tomorrow, at the latest the end of the week.

I have my fingers crossed and will be praying hard tonight.

That's terrible news, I am seriously hoping for the best outcome possible for you!

Air2Mud

Pro-Rec Y SNA
ah, so you went through the OCM that then has an "IST board" for lack of a better word, that is not the same as the OCS board.
Roger. I won't be going to OCS upon ProRec, I'll be heading to ODS. My DD368, IST paperwork, and all that are squared up and approved. I'm just waiting to hear from the SNA/SNFO board to see if the Navy has something for me to do, should I up and leave the dark side.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Thanks guys, trying to stay positive.

Have your OR contact the Program Manager (PM) for Pilot/NFO, like right now (okay not at 2200 PST, but first thing in the morning). It's a long shot, but he can possibly swap OCS classes with you and someone else. The other guy who was supposed to ship out in April/May might be butthurt, but in the end you both (assuming you get through OCS) will be on the SNA pipeline.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Roger. I won't be going to OCS upon ProRec, I'll be heading to ODS. My DD368, IST paperwork, and all that are squared up and approved. I'm just waiting to hear from the SNA/SNFO board to see if the Navy has something for me to do, should I up and leave the dark side.

good, I have seen several who were already commissioned been sent down the wrong path that delayed the process.

JFShampy

pilot
Have your OR contact the Program Manager (PM) for Pilot/NFO, like right now (okay not at 2200 PST, but first thing in the morning). It's a long shot, but he can possibly swap OCS classes with you and someone else. The other guy who was supposed to ship out in April/May might be butthurt, but in the end you both (assuming you get through OCS) will be on the SNA pipeline.
Thanks for he advice sir.

I'll call him this morning and ask him what I can do. I will keep you guys posted.

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
:)
Thanks for he advice sir.

I'll call him this morning and ask him what I can do. I will keep you guys posted.
Hang in there, the recruiters will work hard to get an OCS date swap, so you don't age out. Good luck!:)
BzB

JFShampy

pilot
:)
Hang in there, the recruiters will work hard to get an OCS date swap, so you don't age out. Good luck!:)
BzB
My recruiter called me briefly this morning. He said he was at HQ and they were working on it. Mentioned that if they couldn't get me into OCS as a SNA he could try finding room for a NFO. I have my pilots license so I can always rent if I want to fly... I just want my career to be involved with planes some way some how. :)

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
My recruiter called me briefly this morning. He said he was at HQ and they were working on it. Mentioned that if they couldn't get me into OCS as a SNA he could try finding room for a NFO. I have my pilots license so I can always rent if I want to fly... I just want my career to be involved with planes some way some how. :)
It sounds like they are trying hard to get you a new date in time. Also, NFO is a good flying gig. If you go NFO and perform well on your first tour, you could possibly request to switch to Pilot. Rare, but it has been done. Again, good luck!;)
BzB

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Any update? ;)