• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

MBizzle

Guess I got in here after 07 has already classed up. Anyway, for the rest of you awaiting OCS, there is literally nothing you need to be concerned about besides getting into good cardio shape and at least familiarizing yourself with Appendix Bravo, mainly the Big 5, as everyone else has already said. The rest of the gouge is useless- you won't give yourself an advantage if you "Nuke" everything. And don't overpack. That is all.

Surf

pilot
Guess I got in here after 07 has already classed up. Anyway, for the rest of you awaiting OCS, there is literally nothing you need to be concerned about besides getting into good cardio shape and at least familiarizing yourself with Appendix Bravo, mainly the Big 5, as everyone else has already said. The rest of the gouge is useless- you won't give yourself an advantage if you "Nuke" everything. And don't overpack. That is all.
Spock, is that you?

MBizzle

Spock, is that you?
It appears, Mr. Surf, that you have me at a disadvantage. What revealed the identity behind my Vulcan veil of mystery?
But seriously, I overpacked and had to rely on my family to bring back extra duffels and garment bags. So I say travel light.

60dude

On the subject of IST, can a Army Warrant Aviator complete a IST to walk right into OCS and continue flying to Fly Navy?

exNavyOffRec

On the subject of IST, can a Army Warrant Aviator complete a IST to walk right into OCS and continue flying to Fly Navy?

No when we asked about this before you need to do an IST, but with warrants it is very odd, you would need everything we would expect of a USN officer (4 year degree, meet ASTB requirements, and age requirements)

60dude

Yes to clarify when I said "walk into OCS" I ment putting in a OCS packet.

NavyOFFrec, I do have my degree and I am 33 years old. I have about 10 years of federal service towards retirement and about 1200 hours as a H60 Instructor pilot. Do I have any possibility to get into the Navy to continue flying?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Yes to clarify when I said "walk into OCS" I ment putting in a OCS packet.

NavyOFFrec, I do have my degree and I am 33 years old. I have about 10 years of federal service towards retirement and about 1200 hours as a H60 Instructor pilot. Do I have any possibility to get into the Navy to continue flying?

Age cut off for pilot with prior service is 31, no exceptions or waivers will be granted after that.

60dude

It sounds grim for me then.

I'll look into the Navy Reserve PSB for now as long as the unit doesn't get shut down.

Or Air Guard...........,

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
It sounds grim for me then.

I'll look into the Navy Reserve PSB for now as long as the unit doesn't get shut down.

Or Air Guard...........,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Your best bet would be to research Navy ISTs on the BUPERS website or through your CoC/Army personnel command. As a recruiter, I don't handle ISTs or not too familiar with them so your best bet would be to do some homework and see if something can happen. Best of luck!