• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

The_Pants

Quick question though:

If this next board is missed by an applicant and they meet their prospective numbers(fill the slots), do they close it and no more submissions are accepted?

akjim101

If the board is meeting in February, when would packages need to be submitted to be considered for the board? I had been ProRecY last March, but had a faulty diagnosis of ADHD come up which prevented me from passing MEPS. I have all the paperwork needed to get a waiver including a NeuroPsych eval. Or would my ProY from March still be good?

exNavyOffRec

If the board is meeting in February, when would packages need to be submitted to be considered for the board? I had been ProRecY last March, but had a faulty diagnosis of ADHD come up which prevented me from passing MEPS. I have all the paperwork needed to get a waiver including a NeuroPsych eval. Or would my ProY from March still be good?

Odds are your pro Y was turned into a pro N when you couldn't get cleared by N3M. Have you sent the new medical info to N3M and been cleared by them?

akjim101

Odds are your pro Y was turned into a pro N when you couldn't get cleared by N3M. Have you sent the new medical info to N3M and been cleared by them?

I have not submitted it yet. I just received the final paperwork needed for my NeuroPsych eval last week. I have called my recruiter and left a message for him. Waiting to hear back.

Oneil

Tranquillitas Ordinis
I heard March. This is my last shot for SNA. I am retaking the ASTB in three weeks. Wish me luck!

AmericanJoe

I think that originally the next board was going to be in April before they switched over to rolling. Seems likely to me (not that I know anything about it) that they would do it in Feb, otherwise what was the point of switching to rolling boards? Plus from what I can tell this last year 2013 there was a board in early May and then mid July, about 2 months apart, so hopefully that trend will continue and we'll see a board meet mid Feb -- I'm going to go ahead and make my guess at Feb 10th or 17th since they're usually on Monday, right?

But who knows, the only thing that's "gauranteed" is that the packet will be seen w/i 120 days of submitting, which would be approx March 25 for me...

I am way over thinking this... best of luck to everyone

Kees

SNA Select
I'll be taking part in the upcoming rolling board for SNA/SNFO as well. My kit got held up in December due to "administrative" issues, and I ended up missing the board by two days.

Best of luck to those applying!

Duke19

Any idea if after this next board is finished SNA/SNFO will continue to be a "rolling board" (which I assume means they are in a supply deficit of aviators?)

The reason I ask is that ideally I would like to give myself until early February to study for the ASTB instead of rushing and taking it in January because there is a board meeting in February.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Hump

Not at the Enterprise I want to work at...
I'll be taking part in the upcoming rolling board for SNA/SNFO as well. My kit got held up in December due to "administrative" issues, and I ended up missing the board by two days.

Brother I'm right there with you.

Andy Beezy

Hi everyone,

This is the first time I've finally decided to ask a question on here. I applied twice to STA-21 for Pilot and Core (FY-12/13), so I've followed the posts religiously. I just finished my BS in Aeronautics Degree, and I now have some questions. I usually just read through the posts because someone has usually already asked my question, but I didn't see it. Did the board dates change for SNA? I thought the board was supposed to be in December and the next not until April? Also, did the quota go up for Pilot and NFO this year? I'm a rookie at finding information on here. These are the stats that I am going to be applying with:

PILOT/NFO/AMDO Applicant
27 Male - E-6 (AE) 9 years Active Duty
GPA 3.85 Aeronautics from Embry-Riddle
ASTB: 6/7/5 - March 2011
OAR: 53
4 LORs: 2 Navy Captains (1310), 1 Commander (1310), 1 State Senator
Waiver - Age
Over 150 hours of community service
4.5 hours logged in Cessna 172
Last 3 Evals: EP(E-6 Frocking), MP, MP.

Is this even competitive? I haven't started my interview process yet, but I'm going to be talking to my DIVO and CC's to start trying to set some up.

exNavyOffRec

Hi everyone,

This is the first time I've finally decided to ask a question on here. I applied twice to STA-21 for Pilot and Core (FY-12/13), so I've followed the posts religiously. I just finished my BS in Aeronautics Degree, and I now have some questions. I usually just read through the posts because someone has usually already asked my question, but I didn't see it. Did the board dates change for SNA? I thought the board was supposed to be in December and the next not until April? Also, did the quota go up for Pilot and NFO this year? I'm a rookie at finding information on here. These are the stats that I am going to be applying with:

PILOT/NFO/AMDO Applicant
27 Male - E-6 (AE) 9 years Active Duty
GPA 3.85 Aeronautics from Embry-Riddle
ASTB: 6/7/5 - March 2011
OAR: 53
4 LORs: 2 Navy Captains (1310), 1 Commander (1310), 1 State Senator
Waiver - Age
Over 150 hours of community service
4.5 hours logged in Cessna 172
Last 3 Evals: EP(E-6 Frocking), MP, MP.

Is this even competitive? I haven't started my interview process yet, but I'm going to be talking to my DIVO and CC's to start trying to set some up.

It went to a "rolling board" several months ago, is the 5 your PFAR?

etreddies31

I should have been seen by the December board as well. But here's to hoping for another good selection rate! Good luck everyone!

Andy Beezy

It went to a "rolling board" several months ago, is the 5 your PFAR?
No, my breakdown was: AQR-6, PFAR-7, and FOFAR-5. I know that the FOFAR is the minimum for NFO, but I am a little hesitant about taking the ASTB again. It was a difficult test, and I don't want get a lower score.