• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

The_Pants

So are we seeing another board this month ?? Does anyone have hard facts that could link to a board convening this month ?
I get in touch with my OR this upcoming Monday, I will ask him what he thinks. But with a Rolling Board the way I understand it is that they need a specific number of packages before they convene again. Who knows if they will have that number already after they just convened in December.

DIVO

just read the instruction and active duty can get a waiver for NFO (48 months) and SNA (24 Months)
Make sure the NRD processes you for an age waiver. That needs to be a part of the kit. You must be medically qualified first then sign the hold harmless and complete a PRT (PFA)

ABF2

A bit confusing here, your info stack says you're shooting for SWO/Supply/SWO-Oceano. In the above you cite SNA & SNFO. What exactly are your application preferences, and your career goal(s)?;)
BzB.

Since i didnt take the ASTB only the OAR my command told me i was not eligible. i have been trying to take it but i've had no help with my COC so i put in my stats what i am eligble for as of right now. SWO would be first, NFO 2nd and Supply last. No matter what type of Naval Officer i get selected for i just love to serve my country in any way possible. Sorry for the confusion.

halfbreed83

Make sure the NRD processes you for an age waiver. That needs to be a part of the kit. You must be medically qualified first then sign the hold harmless and complete a PRT (PFA)
I don't recall putting in an age waiver with my kit for NFO, could this be a problem? or could I get selected and then put the age wavier in?

Hump

Not at the Enterprise I want to work at...
Report from my OR last I talked to him was there's going to be a board NLT 60 days after the last board. Factor in the standdown for Christmas and New Years and he doesn't think we'll have any balls rolling till end of Jan beginning of Feb. Naturally your mileage may vary.

DIVO

From what NRC told my processor. Age waivers will be required if one is within 12 months of aging out. I assumed one of my guys (prior service 6 years) could get one after the fact, but I was incorrect the PM proXed him and he didn't even make board. Lucky for me (and him!) we had him up for the IDC options as well. And the processor SHOULD start the waiver paperwork, but some don't know. The last two prior service guys I sent up had to do a PRT. Those results go to the CO and they are the ones who sign off on the waiver.

exNavyOffRec

From what NRC told my processor. Age waivers will be required if one is within 12 months of aging out. I assumed one of my guys (prior service 6 years) could get one after the fact, but I was incorrect the PM proXed him and he didn't even make board. Lucky for me (and him!) we had him up for the IDC options as well. And the processor SHOULD start the waiver paperwork, but some don't know. The last two prior service guys I sent up had to do a PRT. Those results go to the CO and they are the ones who sign off on the waiver.

I guess I was lucky that my processor always took care of that with no issues!

If you have info on IDC spots left to fill there are some people watching a few other threads that would like to know if there are still spots for all the IDC designators, as well as Supply.

DIVO

IDC just assigned OCS dates to those they selected on the last board. I was told they were in the process of finally releasing their FY 14 goals but I haven't seen anything yet. I should know more next week. I am assuming numbers will be low. Same for supply. The July 2013 selects (some) still have not received their select letters, although OCS dates have been assigned. I think they will be low as well. NFO and Pilot seem to be the easiest to get into... AMDO is selecting 10 this upcoming board and Specwar will be selecting the most they have in a long time....
And of course, there is always Nuke....

cmd44

Pro-Rec Y SNA/NFO 3/6/14
The July 2013 selects (some) still have not received their select letters, although OCS dates have been assigned.

I have a buddy SNA from July boards... not only has his date been assigned, he has one week left. Started 4 Oct '13.... Not sure who would not have already left for OCS yet?...

exNavyOffRec

but that isn't glamorous like being a Pilot or spook stuff, could you imagine what a true movie about nukes would be like? One nuke turns to another and says, "I feel the need, the need to take my 1100 logs, and shift the lube oil strainers" it just isn't the same....

exNavyOffRec

I have a buddy SNA from July boards... not only has his date been assigned, he has one week left. Started 4 Oct '13.... Not sure who would not have already left for OCS yet?...

pretty sure she was talking about Supply selects as many of those here are still talking about not having their FS letters yet.

halfbreed83

IDC just assigned OCS dates to those they selected on the last board. I was told they were in the process of finally releasing their FY 14 goals but I haven't seen anything yet. I should know more next week. I am assuming numbers will be low. Same for supply. The July 2013 selects (some) still have not received their select letters, although OCS dates have been assigned. I think they will be low as well. NFO and Pilot seem to be the easiest to get into... AMDO is selecting 10 this upcoming board and Specwar will be selecting the most they have in a long time....
DIVO do you know how many AMDO applications are received annually or per board?

DIVO

Typically it's pretty low compared to the other jobs. They are looking for people with aviation type degrees as well as business degrees. I was told 10 selects is more than they've done in the past.