• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board June 2020

Ancalagon

Anyone happen to hear any news or info? I'm just guessing if not today, then next week we'll start finding out.

GeauxWave

World's okayest paralegal
Anyone happen to hear any news or info? I'm just guessing if not today, then next week we'll start finding out.

My recruiter is checking on results but I got a feeling it's looking like next week is more likely. Also looking through threads for different boards across various designators it seems like Tuesday and Wednesdays are the most common days for getting results. Hope I am wrong but what you gonna do.
¯\(ツ)

deexiong

Reached out to the IP OCM two weeks ago and was prepping to submit for September but was informed that IW Board has been pushed to convene November. From what it looks like, everyone in this thread has some COMPETITIVE OAR scores! WOW! What all worked for you best?!

Ancalagon

Just some numbers. These are for the Intel Board only (not CW or IP):

Two boards ago: 34 out of 191 applicants = 17.8% selected
March board: 22 out of 133 applicants = 16.5% selected
Current board: ?? out of 128

cebo12

Just some numbers. These are for the Intel Board only (not CW or IP):

Two boards ago: 34 out of 191 applicants = 17.8% selected
March board: 22 out of 133 applicants = 16.5% selected
Current board: ?? out of 128

Hopefully they'll be so impressed with all these wicked high OARs they'll just take a bunch ;)

deexiong, I certainly didn't score as high as some of the other applicants, but as someone who really struggled with the math portion the first time this pdf helped me a ton http://www.nelnetsolutions.com/pdf/free/masterofficercandidate.pdf. The relevant stuff starts on page 195. It seemed like a lot of the questions I got on the exam were directly from here, just with different names and numbers. I probably studied even harder to improve on mechanics but that portion still mostly felt like a guessing game to me. Even so I ended up improving my score by 9 points which I was fairly happy with. Best of luck to you!

exNavyOffRec

Hopefully they'll be so impressed with all these wicked high OARs they'll just take a bunch ;)

deexiong, I certainly didn't score as high as some of the other applicants, but as someone who really struggled with the math portion the first time this pdf helped me a ton http://www.nelnetsolutions.com/pdf/free/masterofficercandidate.pdf. The relevant stuff starts on page 195. It seemed like a lot of the questions I got on the exam were directly from here, just with different names and numbers. I probably studied even harder to improve on mechanics but that portion still mostly felt like a guessing game to me. Even so I ended up improving my score by 9 points which I was fairly happy with. Best of luck to you!
It isn't the OAR but the degree and GPA that will get you selected, the OAR is a check in the box to get you to the board.

GeauxWave

The Mometrix book was good for the verbal sections as a lot of the practice tests and books tend to be a lot easier than what was on the actual test. I found Trivium's was pretty good for the mechanical concepts as a refresher as I had not taken a physics class for like 8 years. The math is pretty much the same problems as the prep materials all over the site just variable and numbers changed.

https://www.mo-media.com/oar/

https://www.triviumtestprep.com/oar

cebo12

After the last post I texted my recruiter and she said I leave January 3rd! ?I only applied to Intel, but she says since her system crashed she doesn’t know which program I was selected for yet, which makes me think that it might be a repeat of the December board where they placed a ton of people into designators they didn’t even apply to. But that’s just speculation, I’ll know more for sure tomorrow. Good luck everyone!

topswattashawn

After the last post I texted my recruiter and she said I leave January 3rd! ?I only applied to Intel, but she says since her system crashed she doesn’t know which program I was selected for yet, which makes me think that it might be a repeat of the December board where they placed a ton of people into designators they didn’t even apply to. But that’s just speculation, I’ll know more for sure tomorrow. Good luck everyone!

If you get selected for something that you didn’t apply for, it’s not an error. Per the community manager, you are considered for all designators within the IWC regardless of which one you chose on your application. That’s a good thing - you literally get 4 shots in 1. Congrats on your PROREC-Y. Enjoy OCS.

GeauxWave

No results posted in my records yet per my recruiter. Anyone else hear a concrete yay or nay at this point?