• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board June 2020

AULANI

Has anyone heard anything about if the Application date is getting pushed back? I asked my OR and he said nothing has been confirmed so far but he expects it to be moved. Additional rookie question here: is your medical examination at MEPS apart of the application? I have everything I need processed however I haven't been able to make it to MEPS due to COVID.

That said, my application package for INTEL 1830:

OAR: 67
B.S. (Marine Science) - 3.65
Grad Cert (Applied Statistics) - 3.8
Grad Cert (Geospatial Science) - 4.0
Cumulative GPA - 3.68
LoR: Former Boss, Professor, and Coach
I'm not sure grad certs count towards cumulative GPA. Nice f***ing OAR score! Good luck!

WICCUR

I'm not sure grad certs count towards cumulative GPA. Nice f***ing OAR score! Good luck!

Appreciate it man, I know how competitive 1830 is so I'm hoping that will carry me through. Although now I'm stressing out about even applying to this Board because the May 1st Deadline has passed and I haven't made it to MEPS yet. Mid-April my OR told me MEPS was finally re-opened and they were in the process of screening my records, as well as no official change had been made to this Board's date but he expected it to be moved back. I know COVID has turned everything upside down so I'm trying to hope for the best, but damn I'd hate to have to wait for the August Board.

jhaselti

Appreciate it man, I know how competitive 1830 is so I'm hoping that will carry me through. Although now I'm stressing out about even applying to this Board because the May 1st Deadline has passed and I haven't made it to MEPS yet. Mid-April my OR told me MEPS was finally re-opened and they were in the process of screening my records, as well as no official change had been made to this Board's date but he expected it to be moved back. I know COVID has turned everything upside down so I'm trying to hope for the best, but damn I'd hate to have to wait for the August Board.

Its possible you can make the board, i didnt get everything finished till 2 weeks before the December board, but i was just waiting on final med stuff. The MEPS process can add like 1-5 months though depending on stuff. Realistically id plan on not making it, but do what you can on your end to make it fast, everything else is out of your control so dont stress too much.

exNavyOffRec

I would plan for the next board for a variety of reasons, mainly MEPS delay, a guy I used to work with is trying to join and his recruiter said they have a list of applicants waiting to go to MEPS and to expect a 2 week wait once they open up (is this recruiter ploy or the truth well either is possible), you also need to factor in the time to read med docs that were sent in, the wait after MEPS to get the documents to send to N3M, waiting for N3M's response and then you also have the Memorial Day weekend.

WICCUR

Its possible you can make the board, i didnt get everything finished till 2 weeks before the December board, but i was just waiting on final med stuff. The MEPS process can add like 1-5 months though depending on stuff. Realistically id plan on not making it, but do what you can on your end to make it fast, everything else is out of your control so dont stress too much.

Here's hoping. If I end up getting fucked by COVID though it is what it is, at least were all in the same boat.

I would plan for the next board for a variety of reasons, mainly MEPS delay, a guy I used to work with is trying to join and his recruiter said they have a list of applicants waiting to go to MEPS and to expect a 2 week wait once they open up (is this recruiter ploy or the truth well either is possible), you also need to factor in the time to read med docs that were sent in, the wait after MEPS to get the documents to send to N3M, waiting for N3M's response and then you also have the Memorial Day weekend.

I appreciate the info, glad to hear more about what's going on.

AULANI

It seems like there is always a wait for MEPS stuff, at least in the DC area. I was lucky that my wife is an active duty Navy doc so she did everything for me while a lot of people were stuck waiting for appointments/physicals/etc. While I was on OHARP me and a couple of the other guys had to drive new applicants down to Fort Eustis in Newport News (from DC) just so they could get physicals done. That sucked.

WICCUR

Did he say if they were moving your board back because May 22 has been the updated due date for quite some time now.

Truth be told I'm not sure what you mean. All he said was "The deadline is May 22 for intel" which was relieving to hear as I had been unable to find anywhere that listed when the May 1st Board had been pushed back too.

NCCGT

Truth be told I'm not sure what you mean. All he said was "The deadline is May 22 for intel" which was relieving to hear as I had been unable to find anywhere that listed when the May 1st Board had been pushed back too.

Attachments

• FY20 Board Schedule REV 1.pdf
    167 KB · Views: 111

subreservist

Just got word from my OR, Board application due date moved to May 22nd

I wouldn't use that date for deadline. The recruiting districts need time to review, which could require additional info or corrections to documents from either the recruiter or applicant. That date is for the recruiting district to get your package out to NRC - plan to have your package completed at least a week prior to that.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I wouldn't use that date for deadline. The recruiting districts need time to review, which could require additional info or corrections to documents from either the recruiter or applicant. That date is for the recruiting district to get your package out to NRC - plan to have your package completed at least a week prior to that.

What he said, if anything get the package done ASAP. Better to wait more than to procrastinate/rush or worst yet miss the board.