• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board 2 MAR 2020

EO87

Doubt you will for a bit. Class sizes are down 50% plus with the quarantine you have to do prior. My contacts say they're taking needs of the navy first for these spots. So I'm expecting to go in August/Sept time-frame.

sd16g

Doubt you will for a bit. Class sizes are down 50% plus with the quarantine you have to do prior. My contacts say they're taking needs of the navy first for these spots. So I'm expecting to go in August/Sept time-frame.
My OR said that they are trying to ship CWs out ASAP and they are a “priority” at the moment. I’m not sure if that’s IWC altogether or just CW.

Hopefully I’ll get a call later on if I got CW or not!

jhaselti

I was picked up as CW in December, was originally scheduled for April 12 class date but i requested may 24th due to my brothers wedding that was supposed to be may 3rd(pushed to June due to covid) The April 12 was the first class affected and it seems most IWC were in there and are now in Newport. When the redid the list for the may 24th class I was one of the first added back. Also the supply board had just found out results the week before and they were all added to this class. The SNA/NFO are being pushed back it seems, there wasnt any SWOs in the facebook group that i know of. But it seems that Supply and IWC are higher on the list of priority.

jhaselti

Got text from recruiter, still no CW results yet.

Looking at your signature you have more than 6 years active. If i remember the CW Program Authorizations they say you can waive over 5 but they dont take over 6, so i dont think CW is a Y for you.

Ancalagon

Looking at your signature you have more than 6 years active. If i remember the CW Program Authorizations they say you can waive over 5 but they dont take over 6, so i dont think CW is a Y for you.

My OR sent a query to his HQ a while back about that, and they said I was still good to go to apply for CW. I'm not going to argue with it, and we'll all have our results in a matter of a few days, anyway. ?

CWO_change

I just got the call. ProRec-Y for CW.

Got text from recruiter, still no CW results yet.

I understand the split in releasing results for AD vs. civilians, but the staggered results for civilians (some have heard about CW both good and bad, others have not) is interesting . . . or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about and this is normal. I wonder what's going on. Anyway, hope everything comes out shortly.

Or maybe I'm not reading things correctly here and everyone who has heard about CW is AD ?

Camille

I understand the split in releasing results for AD vs. civilians, but the staggered results for civilians (some have heard about CW both good and bad, others have not) is interesting . . . or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about and this is normal. I wonder what's going on. Anyway, hope everything comes out shortly.

Or maybe I'm not reading things correctly here and everyone who has heard about CW is AD ?
I'm not AD and have been working with an OR.

It's likely that operations are just a mess due to the impact of Covid-19. Hopefully it doesn't take much longer for the rest of the results to be released. My fingers are crossed for those on this thread still waiting.

CONGRATS to everyone who got selected so far! PRO-REC'd Y for IP 1820 here.

My Command is recommending mid 2021 for my ship date.

Reaching out to other IPs and potential OCS classmates. If anyone has any questions or needs assistance, feel free to PM me!

Stats:
Job:Active Duty Navy, 12.6yrs
Rate: ET1(IW/SW/AW)
Degree: Masters of Science in Information Technology from UMUC(GPA 3.667), BSAST from TESU, AA Gen Studies from CTC
Certs: USMAPS ET Kindred and Computer Operator, ETA Fiber Optic Installer, AFAA Personal Fitness Trainer, COMPTIA Security+ and CASP+
OAR: 55
PRT: Outstanding Highs
Appraisal: 3 O5, 1 O6(sel) - All IP
LORs: 1 O4 , 1 O6; CO Rec: O6 (sel) IP
Evals: P, P, NOB, EP, EP
Work Experience: Various technical schools, mainly Communications billets. USS Makin Island (LHD 8): San Diego, CA; Shore Sites: Yokosuka, Japan; Manama, Bahrain; Virginia Beach, VA
Foreign Language: DLPT Tagalog Level 3
Awards:4 NAMs, 3 FLOCs(1 JSOY)
Results: (Second Attempt) 02MAR20 IWC Board PRO-REC Y; Shipping Date mid 2021 (Pending)

exNavyOffRec

In over 10 years there hasn't been a delay or split like this, I would attribute the delay to reduction in OCS spots and the attempt to assign OCS dates with Pro rec Y's, there are many variables in play right now that are messing up the normal flow of things.