• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board 2 MAR 2020

NCCGT

I just got done with my pre-screen interview and am submitting my updated SF86, so I'm thinking it'll be a few more months. They say the average time for a TS/SCI from start to completion is 6-12 months, but maybe it'll only take 3, I'm not sure. I could be wrong, but I don't think you get a date and orders (FINSEL) until you get approved for your clearance. No point in sending you without one. I'm a civilian, so some of the AD guys or the former recruiters would probably have a better idea, this just makes some type of sense to me. Your recruiter would be the best person to hit up.
I've got my pre-screen interview on Tuesday and submitting the updated SF-86 on Wednesday. Recruiter was saying other than that I just have one more day of paperwork (oath, enlisting, etc) and then he said he's expecting about 1.5 months after that. Could be blowing smoke up my backside though, so who knows.

TKDiggles

Does anyone have an OCS date yet? My employer wanted a time frame of when my last day will be and I am not really sure what to tell them. I figured if someone had a date, it could be somewhat indicative of what the rest of us can expect. If not, has anyone's recruiter given them a guesstimate? July, August, September?

I know I already posted that I was going for the 31st March date but that was the hopeful date from Mr. Celestine. Turns out us Active duty need to get a travel waiver first in this dark time of COVID. That took 3 weeks and was finally approved last week. I got my official acceptance email yesterday with an official start date of July 5th. My division officer apparently can look up how many seats are open for OCS classes and says they still have 20 open spots as of yesterday for the July 5th class.

Also, again, I already have the appropriate clearance from my rate which is why it was so quick.

Roger O. Thornhill

1830 Aspirant
Are there any civilians who still have not received a tentative OCS date from their recruiter? Mine said he submitted a request about a month ago, but radio silence since then.

Just making sure I’m not the only one... :)

jbotelho677

First post ever on here. Current Active Duty Marine Corps CI/HUMINT selected for 1830 on the March board and still waiting for FINSEL. Weird part is if you take this route you have to submit a package through a CIV recruiter. It's all crazy because I submitted a transfer request hoping for a seamless transition while on AD. With the greatness of COVID happening, looks like I'll have a break in service waiting for an OCS date. Any Navy AD guys know about whether or not detailers will have the inside scoop on stuff?

Infinitedouble

I know I already posted that I was going for the 31st March date but that was the hopeful date from Mr. Celestine. Turns out us Active duty need to get a travel waiver first in this dark time of COVID. That took 3 weeks and was finally approved last week. I got my official acceptance email yesterday with an official start date of July 5th. My division officer apparently can look up how many seats are open for OCS classes and says they still have 20 open spots as of yesterday for the July 5th class.

Also, again, I already have the appropriate clearance from my rate which is why it was so quick.
I have a question about your travel waiver, who did you use as the point of contact for the gaining command? And how did you get concurrence from the gaining command? Thank you

Catman5211

My command requires one. I think its based on the command. Just like TKDiggles stated in his post , He had to get a waiver as well.
TKDiggies was an earlier one when it was required. Right now NAVADMIN 168/20 states that accession activities are exempt. So I would double check with your NCC about that and also call Chief Brown who is the one that told me we didn’t need one

Infinitedouble

TKDiggies was an earlier one when it was required. Right now NAVADMIN 168/20 states that accession activities are exempt. So I would double check with your NCC about that and also call Chief Brown who is the one that told me we didn’t need one
You are correct. I just confirmed. We don't need one. Thank you, got it clarified by OTC.