• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board 2 MAR 2020

dsv493

It’d be nice if they listed the rankings for 1810,20,30 etc so people could see how competitive they are for future boards

ads21

PROREC-Y for 1820!

Civilian
BS Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Minor: Mathematics (3.74) (Tier 1 University)
MS Ecology, Evolution, and Conservation Biology (4.0) Thesis on a bioinformatics analysis of lepidopteran immunity when challenged with viral and bacterial pathogens (Carnige R-1 University)
OAR: 55
Sex: Male
LORs: Thesis advisor, current teaching supervisor, 3 former professors, current DoD contractor and longtime family friend (former army E-4), former Marine O-3 in the IW community (former student in my micro class)
Work Experience: mainly academic experience with intermediate programming for MS, currently writing a blockchain application for a crypto and blockchain class, formal teaching experience spans 4 years and ages 4 - college students, formerly worked at an environmental testing facility running analyses on water/soil samples (mass spec, GC, TDS, TSS, etc.) for the state and private individuals, and also worked in several academic labs working on projects involving biopolymers and calcium depolarization waves in plants
Waivers: 1

Wishing everyone good vibes! Hopefully everyone finds out sooner than later! ?

A-Aron

PROREC-Y for 1820!

Civilian
BS Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Minor: Mathematics (3.74) (Tier 1 University)
MS Ecology, Evolution, and Conservation Biology (4.0) Thesis on a bioinformatics analysis of lepidopteran immunity when challenged with viral and bacterial pathogens (Carnige R-1 University)
OAR: 55
Sex: Male
LORs: Thesis advisor, current teaching supervisor, 3 former professors, current DoD contractor and longtime family friend (former army E-4), former Marine O-3 in the IW community (former student in my micro class)
Work Experience: mainly academic experience with intermediate programming for MS, currently writing a blockchain application for a crypto and blockchain class, formal teaching experience spans 4 years and ages 4 - college students, formerly worked at an environmental testing facility running analyses on water/soil samples (mass spec, GC, TDS, TSS, etc.) for the state and private individuals, and also worked in several academic labs working on projects involving biopolymers and calcium depolarization waves in plants
Waivers: 1

Wishing everyone good vibes! Hopefully everyone finds out sooner than later! ?

Congratulations man! Really happy for you.

Now that the IP results are in, I hope we get our CW results soon.

A-Aron

How many of those 49 also applied for IP or Intel (ie ‘duplicates’)? And vice versa with the IP/Intel selection percentages.
I’m not exactly sure. Some guy posted these numbers a while back on this thread.
I also read somewhere on another thread that every single IWC applicant is considered for intel, CW, and IP regardless of what they put down for their choices.

ads21

I’m not exactly sure. Some guy posted these numbers a while back on this thread.
I also read somewhere on another thread that every single IWC applicant is considered for intel, CW, and IP regardless of what they put down for their choices.

I put down 1) IP 2) CW 3) Intel (and 4) SWO) and if everyone is considered for all designators, regardless of choices, wouldn't there be roughly the same number of Y/N across the board for all? Maybe if you put down IP only and didn't get picked up, Intel could snag you? The application / selection difference for Intel and CW suggest more people applied to Intel and weren't considered for CW. I'm not sure how they would compile accurate stats for individual designators if all were considered for each one.

I'm a civ though, so, there's that too. ?

A-Aron

I put down 1) IP 2) CW 3) Intel (and 4) SWO) and if everyone is considered for all designators, regardless of choices, wouldn't there be roughly the same number of Y/N across the board for all? Maybe if you put down IP only and didn't get picked up, Intel could snag you? The application / selection difference for Intel and CW suggest more people applied to Intel and weren't considered for CW. I'm not sure how they would compile accurate stats for individual designators if all were considered for each one.

I'm a civ though, so, there's that too. ?
This was from the last IWC board:
Over the moon right now heard from my recruiter yesterday that I was not selected for CW, but instead for IP which I did not put down as a choice, infact the only thing I put down was CW. I told him yesterday I would call him back a day later and confirm my choice as I had no idea what IP is. I was told today that my class date is April 12th.

A-Aron

Seems like there is some wiggle room if a designator wants an applicant that didn't apply for that particular one.

What would be interesting to know is whether that person was considered a nonselect for IP, a select for CW, or both.
Yup exactly. I’m assuming this guy clearly didn’t cut it for CW, but the board members realized that he would be well-suited for IP. They didn’t want to see a good candidate go to waste.

well... select for IP/non-select for CW, but I know what you mean. I am also curious about how they tally up the numbers.

Last edited:

A-Aron

So here’s a summary of this thread today (It is now past COB on the mainland):

1 Pro-Rec Y for Intel
1 Pro-Rec Y for IP

...that is all.

Am I to assume that the rest of us are all contending for those CW spots?