• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board 2 MAR 2020

NCCGT

So here’s a summary of this thread today (It is now past COB on the mainland):

1 Pro-Rec Y for Intel
1 Pro-Rec Y for IP

...that is all.

Am I to assume that the rest of us are all contending for those CW spots?
I haven’t heard anything about any of them. Asked the OR this morning and was told nothing was in. I hadn’t messaged him in 2 weeks. I put in for all 3

A-Aron

I haven’t heard anything about any of them. Asked the OR this morning and was told nothing was in. I hadn’t messaged him in 2 weeks. I put in for all 3
I also texted my OR earlier this afternoon:
Me: I heard that 1830 results were out last night. Is this true?
OR: Yes that’s true. However we are still waiting for all the results.

NCCGT, maybe our ORs will disseminate the results all at once after getting all the Pro-Recs in (I also applied for all 3).

exNavyOffRec

Yup exactly. I’m assuming this guy clearly didn’t cut it for CW, but the board members realized that he would be well-suited for IP. They didn’t want to see a good candidate go to waste.

well... select for IP/non-select for CW, but I know what you mean. I am also curious about how they tally up the numbers.

not necessarily, if they really want someone they will put him in a spot, however it may not be the spot he requested, this is something IWC has done many times before.

EO87

PROREC-Y for 1820!

Civilian
BS Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Minor: Mathematics (3.74) (Tier 1 University)
MS Ecology, Evolution, and Conservation Biology (4.0) Thesis on a bioinformatics analysis of lepidopteran immunity when challenged with viral and bacterial pathogens (Carnige R-1 University)
OAR: 55
Sex: Male
LORs: Thesis advisor, current teaching supervisor, 3 former professors, current DoD contractor and longtime family friend (former army E-4), former Marine O-3 in the IW community (former student in my micro class)
Work Experience: mainly academic experience with intermediate programming for MS, currently writing a blockchain application for a crypto and blockchain class, formal teaching experience spans 4 years and ages 4 - college students, formerly worked at an environmental testing facility running analyses on water/soil samples (mass spec, GC, TDS, TSS, etc.) for the state and private individuals, and also worked in several academic labs working on projects involving biopolymers and calcium depolarization waves in plants
Waivers: 1

Wishing everyone good vibes! Hopefully everyone finds out sooner than later! ?
Congrats! Glad to see another 1820. Ima shoot you a pm.

CWO_change

This was from the last IWC board:

When I applied back in 2014, I put down 1830 as my first choice and 1810 as my second choice. My recruiter could only really tell me that 1810 was in the intelligence field (he didn't really know much about it) and, needless to say, I did not know about this site then and was not otherwise searching around for background information on either program ?

I was not picked up for 1830, and got picked up for 1810 instead. Considering my background (I have zero meaningful STEM background post high school), it was recommended that I pick 1830. Knowing what I know now, I feel that 1810 has been a better fit for me, though I am not a fan of at least one of the 1810 specialties.

I sat in on a brief with someone who just got off a tour as the 1810 community manager. When discussing Fleet applicants specifically (I have no reason to believe why this isn't true for civilian applicants also based on what recruiters and others have written on this site), he mentioned that Sailors applying for 1810 and 1820 were automatically considered for both. I also recall talk about certain CT rates being preferred for 1820 over 1810 (and it wasn't what you'd expect either such as IT for 1820 and CTR or CTT for 1810), but I forget the specifics on that!

Ancalagon

For intel: PROREC-N

Waiting on Crypto results now since it was my top choice. My recruiter said the results should be out "VERY soon".

A-Aron

For intel: PROREC-N

Waiting on Crypto results now since it was my top choice. My recruiter said the results should be out "VERY soon".
Dude, your stats are overkill. I’m very confident that you will get CW!

I hope “VERY soon” translates to “today.”
My first choice is also CW.

exNavyOffRec

I sat in on a brief with someone who just got off a tour as the 1810 community manager. When discussing Fleet applicants specifically (I have no reason to believe why this isn't true for civilian applicants also based on what recruiters and others have written on this site), he mentioned that Sailors applying for 1810 and 1820 were automatically considered for both. I also recall talk about certain CT rates being preferred for 1820 over 1810 (and it wasn't what you'd expect either such as IT for 1820 and CTR or CTT for 1810), but I forget the specifics on that!

That is something that has been done for over 10 years, I do believe it is because where they see the IWC going in the future, several years ago a friend of mine that was an 1830 (Poly Sci in college) attended a brief back east where she was able to be a fly on the wall for a meeting with senior officers, when she came back the person in charge at the time said ultimately 1810/1820/1830 would be merged into one, who knows if that is still their long term plan. I have seen people apply for 1810/1820 and get 1830 as well.

The IWC does some weird stuff when selecting people, sometimes you look at what they dd and it makes sense, sometimes they do things that they should have asked first and because they didn't they screw things up.

hgangluff

Just received ProRec-Y for 1830--looking forward to meeting everyone!

Stats:
GPA: 3.5 - Univ of Notre Dame, BBA Finance
OAR: 51
LORs: Retired O-8, O-7, O-6, O-6, Finance Professor
Work Experience:
2 years- Senior Consultant, National Security Account @ Booz Allen Hamilton
2 years- Joint Military Analyst, International Account (Saudi Arabia) @ Booz Allen Hamilton

A-Aron

Just received ProRec-Y for 1830--looking forward to meeting everyone!

Stats:
GPA: 3.5 - Univ of Notre Dame, BBA Finance
OAR: 51
LORs: Retired O-8, O-7, O-6, O-6, Finance Professor
Work Experience:
2 years- Senior Consultant, National Security Account @ Booz Allen Hamilton
2 years- Joint Military Analyst, International Account (Saudi Arabia) @ Booz Allen Hamilton
Congrats on the selection!
Working for Booz definitely helped.

CWO_change

I just got the call. ProRec-Y for CW.

Yes! Congrats! Feel free to PM me if you have any CW questions. I know there's still a ways to go before you get to your first duty station and what not, but happy to answer any questions. Or you can ask them in the open in this forum so everyone can benefit from any answers I may have. Up to you.

Camille

Yes! Congrats! Feel free to PM me if you have any CW questions. I know there's still a ways to go before you get to your first duty station and what not, but happy to answer any questions. Or you can ask them in the open in this forum so everyone can benefit from any answers I may have. Up to you.
I’ll definitely take you up on that. Thank you!