• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is 17 kids enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
So Threasurrection time...The clown car strikes again.

She just popped out the nineteenth in December, their oldest son's wife is preggo, and now she has #20 in the oven. NUMBER EFFIN 20! My views are already expressed on page 1, but dang people. No idea what this has to do with aviation (except for a massive weight and balance problem) but the thread has been around for awhile.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
vagina-clown-car-demotivational-poster.jpg

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
ugh. who needs 20 kids? the days of family farms are long past.

The fundamentalist movement makes me shake my head. I dated a girl who went to Liberty university for all of about 3 weeks. After meeting her parents I had to ask to be let off the crazy bus. I got the normal questions to make a young man dating their daughter squirm which I was fine with, but the "have you accepted jesus christ as your personal savior" and "what are your opinions on a woman's right to choose" were a little over the top.

I knew I was tanking the get together, and had had enough when I dropped the "I'm Catholic...and not a good one either" bomb. It was like I'd kicked their dog, sprouted horns and a tail, and started playing Megadeth on Satan's trident in their dining room.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
ugh. who needs 20 kids? the days of family farms are long past.

The fundamentalist movement makes me shake my head. I dated a girl who went to Liberty university for all of about 3 weeks. After meeting her parents I had to ask to be let off the crazy bus. I got the normal questions to make a young man dating their daughter squirm which I was fine with, but the "have you accepted jesus christ as your personal savior" and "what are your opinions on a woman's right to choose" were a little over the top.

I knew I was tanking the get together, and had had enough when I dropped the "I'm Catholic...and not a good one either" bomb. It was like I'd kicked their dog, sprouted horns and a tail, and started playing Megadeth on Satan's trident in their dining room.

They asked you that? Wow. I find the following response raises a few eyebrows: "Well, they can take away a woman's right to choose, but they can never take away my right to throw a drunk girl down a flight of stairs..."

Religies can be fun!

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
It could only have been more fun if I had lied and told them I was Jewish. I probably remembered enough from catechism to fake it to someone who's never learned anything about Judaism other than Jesus was a Jew :::gasp:::

nikiterp86

Pro-rec'd INTEL!!!!!
I went through a phase where I was really obsessed with this show. As strange as this family seems, I have to give them a ton of credit. They built the house that they live in on their own (and it's a really, really nice house), they're not in any kind of debt, they never seem to neglect any of the children somehow, and Michelle Duggar homeschools all of them. That's pretty damn impressive in my opinion.

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
I went through a phase where I was really obsessed with this show. As strange as this family seems, I have to give them a ton of credit. They built the house that they live in on their own (and it's a really, really nice house), they're not in any kind of debt, they never seem to neglect any of the children somehow, and Michelle Duggar homeschools all of them. That's pretty damn impressive in my opinion.

Homeschooling is not in and of itself impressive. And when you read the oldest Duggar's blog (created during his engagement) and see the atrocious grammar and and writing skills the boy learned from dear ol' mama's schoolin', I doubt you'll be continue to be impressed.

Stupid passing on her Stupid and making 20 more Stupids is not impressive, except in a train wreck sort of way.

It's like giving accolades to OJ Simpson for taking the time to teach his son how to treat a woman.

nikiterp86

Pro-rec'd INTEL!!!!!
That's not the point- I'm just saying that, unlike some parents with far fewer children, the Duggars manage to do a pretty good job of raising their kids and taking care of their obligations. Can you imagine how much work it is to raise 19 kids?! Ya, the older ones help out, but they wouldn't do that if they weren't raised well themselves. They're obviously caring and devoted parents, regardless of the caliber of their son's grammatical skills. I am most decidedly still impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.