• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is 17 kids enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
This guy liked to hear why he was right and I was wrong

Yeah...I got nothing for that.

If you can't respect someone enough to let them date your daughter who answers your questions honestly and lives by a set of principles just because they don't pray to your god, then you're a fool and I pity you.

Is that you Mr. T? :)

He may still respect you, but doesn't he have the right to influence who his children interact with?

I was convinced that he was more of an asshole than a pious man after the meeting, and I wasn't that upset to not have to deal with him again

Yeah... nothing on that one either. You could be right, not saying you are, but it's possible.

I wish I could say that Christian=not an asshole, but that would not be very honest.

Regards,

Steve

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
I think people in this country should have the right to have as many children as they so desire; 2, 5, 10, 20+.

However, I also feel that the instant someone starts having children they can't take care of, and begin their reliance on taxpayer dollars to do so, they should have their tubes tied by the state or face prison time.

I think it should be a crime to knowingly and purposefully (or neglectfully, for that matter) bring children into this world that won't have a snowcone's chance in hell at leading a good and productive life as a direct result of their poor upbringing.

I think the darkest corners of our society are populated, and continually repopulated by people that weren't properly raised in a healthy home.

I'm not saying that just because a kid grows up in a home that has money, etc he is going to lead a productive life. On the contrary, there are welfare babies out there that grow up to lead very successful lives. However, this tends to be the exception rather than the rule.

Bottom line: Your rights end where my rights start. If my money is going to buy diapers for YOUR kid, there is a problem. Let my money keep buying the diapers, it's not the kid's fault, but you sure as sh*t aren't having any more of em'.

Of course this day will never come in this country, but one can dream....

Ionmeister

very enertaining post,

Brett, the comment about your aunt was priceless. Sad in many ways but I did find myself laughing. You cant write this stuff, Classic.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Religies? Really?

I thought you had a religion too? I remember not too far back you wearing it as a badge of honor when it suited you.

I don't recall ever claiming to be religious/observant on this site. Feel free to find a post and prove me wrong.

That wasn't an anti-Christian post. That was an anti-religious post. I find religious zealots of ALL denominations equally unsavory.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Is that you Mr. T? :)

He may still respect you, but doesn't he have the right to influence who his children interact with?

I'll concede that point. Yes he has that right. Do I think its right? Nah.

If I ever end up with a daughter (big G God help me), I'd rather her date a moral agnostic/atheist/pagan than an immoral person of faith, but that's just me.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Seriously? Get over yourself, bro. Ohh, the poor oppressed Christians - give me a break. But, since you're going that direction, why not? The Jews and Muslims have certainly had their "night in the barrel," so I guess fair's fair. Unlike your gender or ethnicity, religion is a choice, so I can judge you/discriminate against you based upon that.

Brett

That can be a choice now too. :indiffere

Boomhower

Shoot, man, it's that dang ol' internet
None
Seriously? Get over yourself, bro. Ohh, the poor oppressed Christians - give me a break. But, since you're going that direction, why not? The Jews and Muslims have certainly had their "night in the barrel," so I guess fair's fair. Unlike your gender or ethnicity, religion is a choice, so I can judge you/discriminate against you based upon that.

Brett

So can this:

Attachments

• michael-jackson.jpg
    michael-jackson.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 16

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
Unlike your gender or ethnicity, religion is a choice, so I can judge you/discriminate against you based upon that.

Even though it is a choice, isn't religion one of the protected classes as it pertains to discrimination lawsuits? Just like gender and ethnicity?

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Even though it is a choice, isn't religion one of the protected classes as it pertains to discrimination lawsuits? Just like gender and ethnicity?

Yep.

It's also one of the bases on which a crime can be tried as a Hate Crime.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Sure, but this is AW and not real life.

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
Sure, but this is AW and not real life.

You edited this on me. I was going to respond to your original comment that what would have more teeth legally is that this is a "private club" of sorts...and they can discriminate all day long...within reason of course ;)

But your current quote above takes the wind out of that sail...:icon_tong

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You edited this on me. I was going to respond to your original comment that what would have more teeth legally is that this is a "private club" of sorts...and they can discriminate all day long...within reason of course ;)

But your current quote above takes the wind out of that sail...:icon_tong

I saw Prop's post and figured it would be redundant, sorry to ruin your day! ;)

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
Yesterday was September first. Opening day for many hunting seasons.

I guess it's open season on Christians here as well.

Steve

I was talking about the horrifically and willfully ignorant. If you equate that with being Chrisitan, then maybe you are the one with the issue.

But yes, I do feel purty darn comfortable judging people who have access to a decent education and forgo that for men riding dinosouars on a 2000 year old earth, and who can't get their 20 year old son to a 5th grade writing level.

The air up here atop my verah tall horse is so nice and clean! ;)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Well, since I'm not hiring him, I'm really free to personally discriminate all I want. That said, it would be very difficult to prove in court that I had not hired someone based upon their religion. I wonder what the case law is on that (Quagmire??). I could certainly choose to not do business with someone based upon their religion. At any rate, what Flash said.

Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.