• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IRR it is !!!

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
Exactly why does anyone believe that they SHOULD get a paycheck while they sit at their ROTC unit or in a 6 month A/B/C/D.... pool in Pcola. Look at the promotion phasing plan, you could figure this IRR thing was coming.

Wudgles

Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'
pilot
Exactly why does anyone believe that they SHOULD get a paycheck while they sit at their ROTC unit or in a 6 month A/B/C/D.... pool in Pcola. Look at the promotion phasing plan, you could figure this IRR thing was coming.

Because they/we are on active duty when doing those things?

sanders

Because how many Midshipmen know what a "promotion phasing plan" is? I had no idea I would be going on IRR until the day before i commissioned. Neither did my OSO. Hopefully now that IRR is becoming the norm, people will become more aware of it.

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
Think of it as your first Individual Augmentation to the civilian ranks! Southwest airlines ("hiring pool") did this a few years back when they were trying to save money. This isn't personal, the DOD is trying to save like $24B through FY17/18, thanks for doing your part to keep the boats floating and the jets jetting... Just like my 392 day vacation all over asshotistan, its underway, it may seem to some as unfair, but noone OWES me anything at all..... it just is. Find your silver lining, and realize that you just entered a very very RETRACTIONARY budgeting era (harken back to Carter, hollow force, IDTC readiness bathtub, thumbs warm and stinky)... more will come youngsters.

Sorry to bring sour news.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
..... realize that you just entered a very very RETRACTIONARY budgeting era (harken back to Carter, hollow force, IDTC readiness bathtub, thumbs warm and stinky)... more will come youngsters....
Stop !! STOP !!! ST-T-O-O-O-O-O-PPP !!! I can't take anymore !!!

Jimmy Carter ... ahhhh ... the memories come flooding back over me from those heady, halcyon days .... poignant, blissful times when we thought we owned it all -- but instead, we discovered we were just mortgaged to the hilt.

Thanx for the trip down memory lane, Bruddah. :)

Run while you can ... :)

cameron172

pilot
Go to grad school for a semester.

Does anyone know if a newly commissioned ENS will get Tuition Assistance if they wanted to take some graduate courses while sitting around with nothing to do? I know TA is only for active duty and active reservists, but the Navy ordered you to IRR and you will be active duty soon enough. Seems like another short ended stick on a tree full of short sticks.

STARFlight145

I'm going to put in for a waiver due to hardship in an attempt to dodge IRR. My payments have already begun on a hefty loan that I pulled out to attend Embry-Riddle (mistake). As nice as it would be, I can't really afford a 6 month vacation. Think my waiver will fly?

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Does anyone know if a newly commissioned ENS will get Tuition Assistance if they wanted to take some graduate courses while sitting around with nothing to do? I know TA is only for active duty and active reservists, but the Navy ordered you to IRR and you will be active duty soon enough. Seems like another short ended stick on a tree full of short sticks.

I don't remember the name, but your advisors should be able to help you. There is a program out there for MIDN to attend grad school while on IRR on the Navy's dime. Of course, you have to qualify for it, but you should look into it.

cameron172

pilot
I'm going to put in for a waiver due to hardship in an attempt to dodge IRR. My payments have already begun on a hefty loan that I pulled out to attend Embry-Riddle (mistake). As nice as it would be, I can't really afford a 6 month vacation. Think my waiver will fly?

Certainly won't hurt. I plan on submitting a waiver since I will also have loan payments (no where near ERAU amounts!) and just see what happens...

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
I certainly don't know how common this will be, but one of the MIDN at my unit graduating in December just had his hardship waiver approved. Good luck to the rest of you. He had his waiver approved in around two weeks so the rest of you should be hearing something soon.

MasterBates

Paging Bates and Brett... paging Bates and Brett....

You rang? If this is a married guys get waived, and unmarried work at Mickey D's for 6 months then yeah its bullshit.

If its a college programmer with $1000 a month in student loans vs the scholarship guys with no debt then ok.

Sent via my HTC EVO 4G

cameron172

pilot
Does anyone have any new news or heard anything regarding the hardship waiver for not being put on IRR? Like what circumstances they're accepting if any?