• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IRR it is !!!

Hawk12

None
A guy graduating this week was told he will not be on IRR today and will be active duty on Monday. I'd like to be a December grad...

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
A guy graduating this week was told he will not be on IRR today and will be active duty on Monday. I'd like to be a December grad...

<threadjack>And I'd like to be back in KS. . . </threadjack>

We have two guys in my unit going SNA and commissioning next week. Neither is going IRR, and they'll both be stashed at the NROTC unit for a few months (orders haven't been cut yet?).

ajohn921

pilot
None
Just heard through the grapevine that Naval Personnel Command will NOT be placing YG2012 on IRR and will be stashing newly commissioned at their units until report dates

Deere1450

pilot
Just heard through the grapevine that Naval Personnel Command will NOT be placing YG2012 on IRR and will be stashing newly commissioned at their units until report dates

I kind of heard the same thing, but was told the chances of being placed on IRR were pretty slim. I hope you're right, though.

Hawk12

None
I kind of heard the same thing, but was told the chances of being placed on IRR were pretty slim. I hope you're right, though.
Thats pretty much what we were told yesterday. Pretty exciting news, though, might be a bit weird with housing, but I'll figure it out!

mid1510

It's official, heard from my unit that no FY 12 grads will be placed on IRR. Guess it sucks to be the class of '11....

As an aside, any idea on what kind of leave we will get after graduation?

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot
Most ROTC units will usually work out some deal like basket leave. Our class received one day off after graduation to get ready for our moves. Just depends on your front office I guess.

PM001

None
Well we all know we wont be going IRR, but anyone have an idea when we might get our dates to head down to Pensacola?

ajohn921

pilot
None
Well we all know we wont be going IRR, but anyone have an idea when we might get our dates to head down to Pensacola?
We received an email from one our LTs asking which of the three NLT report dates we preferred. 15JUN, 28SEP or 5NOV for SNAs, SNFOs were around the same time periods, give or take a few weeks.

cameron172

pilot
We received an email from one our LTs asking which of the three NLT report dates we preferred. 15JUN, 28SEP or 5NOV for SNAs, SNFOs were around the same time periods, give or take a few weeks.

Are those dates for API or IFS? Would they really stash an Ensign for 6 months?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Are those dates for API or IFS? Would they really stash an Ensign for 6 months?

The report NLT dates are generally for Schools Command (where you start). Historically, guys have been stashed for more than a year, for no other reason than too many bodies and not enough slots in classes.