• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Insider Scoop on Navy OCS

longhorn4life

So after thinking about this a bit more, I think that the silver lining might be giving a few extra days of leadership training to the candios. That might have even been the intent, vice just trying to make things softer. I could get behind that.

Having said this, I'm starting to think that certain powers that be might want to just get rid of the DIs and maybe the RDCs and make this a mini Naval Academy where the students do all the training. That I would not support.
The reason that I am hearing for why they did this is that they have had so much trouble getting all the aviation physicals out of the way in the first week that it ends up spilling over into multiple weeks with all of the appointments they have to make, and the result is people having a higher risk of not getting orders in time. The two extra days the first week help knock out all those medical appointments as early as possible.

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
No one cares what your dainties look like. I brought briefs and soon as I could I went to the exchange and bought boxers. Have some white ones for wear with whites however.

skittle986

Ensign, Civil engineer corps, U.S Navy.
No one cares what your dainties look like. I brought briefs and soon as I could I went to the exchange and bought boxers. Have some white ones for wear with whites however.

you are almost finish with OCS correct? How was it for you?or should i say, how is it? :)

SnoopySamp

Leaving soon..
Anyone able to update that just graduated with any further information on things that have changed or are absolutely needed/unneeded?

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
Anyone able to update that just graduated with any further information on things that have changed or are absolutely needed/unneeded?
Bring basic toiletries. The mini NEX stopped "issuing" the toiletry kit that included toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shaving cream, deodorant. I couldn't believe how many indocs showed up in the past class without some of these basic items, especially soap.

SnoopySamp

Leaving soon..
Bring basic toiletries. The mini NEX stopped "issuing" the toiletry kit that included toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shaving cream, deodorant. I couldn't believe how many indocs showed up in the past class without some of these basic items, especially soap.

Thank you for the heads up

findingo ponbay

what does it mean if you get a pink sheet for not swimming well? is that bad? what are the consequences of that?

how deep is the pool at Newport OCS?

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
what does it mean if you get a pink sheet for not swimming well? is that bad? what are the consequences of that?

how deep is the pool at Newport OCS?
If you don't pass the swim qualification, you'll just be put into remedial swim classes while everyone else is doing morning PT. They'll get you to pass before graduation. It's not rollable, so don't be too worried about that.

The depth of the pool varies. I believe the end near the platform is 20' and it goes down to 4' on the other side.