• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Insider Scoop on Navy OCS

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
Thanks for the info guys! I pretty much have all the basics down, like rolling over to breath and what not, so I'll try to work on my kicks and leading with my fingers. Would you guys advice rolling over to breath to the left and right, or should rolling over to one side only be fine?

I'm not worry about timing issues, I just want to be outswam by this little girl. lol

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Whatever side feels stronger and you'll be fine. Breathe to both for body balance but you aren't exactly competing.

MikeMillerUK

Nearing the end of Primary
Contributor
Agreed. Technically both sides is "proper," but whatever you are more comfortable with is fine.

Givemeinfo

Thanks for the info guys! I pretty much have all the basics down, like rolling over to breath and what not, so I'll try to work on my kicks and leading with my fingers. Would you guys advice rolling over to breath to the left and right, or should rolling over to one side only be fine?

I'm not worry about timing issues, I just want to be outswam by this little girl. lol

Hey hey now, no shame in being out swam by a small girl. Atleast not if they live where you swim year round. ;)

Halstead

Hello guys!
40....YES...40 YR. OLD female LOOKING to get my a$$ handed to me on a daily basis.
Applying for MOS 1830..AUG. 2014.
currently the Navy base bartender...full military family..men only...im single..no kids...educated and praying for acceptance!

jander12

pilot
Hey hey now, no shame in being out swam by a small girl. Atleast not if they live where you swim year round. ;)
She's lying to you. There is plenty of shame lol:p
I've never been shameful of girls out running/swimming me (there's plenty of them out there). The problem comes when they can also out squat, bench, deadlift, pushup, pull-up you... NOW you've got a problem!

cb812

SNA
I've never been shameful of girls out running/swimming me (there's plenty of them out there). The problem comes when they can also out squat, bench, deadlift, pushup, pull-up you... NOW you've got a problem!

I've got two friends that are girls that I run or bike with on a normal basis. Both kick my ass in both activities. Talk about motivation!

Lasoiree

Any suggestions on increasing speed in freestyle? I keep flapping my arms, softly kicking and looking straight down to the floor, but I am super incredibly slow through the water. Should I be more forceful exerting my arms?

Buy or borrow a pool buoy. Put it between your legs, no kicking. Swim 10 laps arms only, and count the arm strokes it takes to get to each wall. Try to decrease that number. Then time your laps. Point? To get your arms stretching longer every pull, and when you pull the water back, loosely cup your hand and make it a powerful pull that actually propells you. If you dont count strokes and time yourself it will be hard to improve that stroke. Then, add legs on lap 11.. it will feel like you're flying.

Diana

Does anybody know what gpa the navy takes into consideration for the officer programs? They just raised the gpa for Intel to 2.8 and I have a 2.596 undergrad and just a 3.695 for my grad cumulative gpa. Do they average both or what?

Workingoutsidemyfield

Does anybody know what gpa the navy takes into consideration for the officer programs? They just raised the gpa for Intel to 2.8 and I have a 2.596 undergrad and just a 3.695 for my grad cumulative gpa. Do they average both or what?

They would combine the two for an overall average.