• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Insider Scoop on Navy OCS

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And for Best Original Post...the envelope please

wilson.png

Methinks we need to start a best of thread with this post as best so far in 2008

FUPaladin

couldabeen
Hilarious dinosaur comics aside, it is kind of a crappy feeling to know that you're voluntarily giving up something that others really wanted but couldn't have. Particularly because in student pool you're also with the guys who were NPQ'd, and you're sitting there with two good knees and a healthy back. So yes, Nehemiah, I understand what you're saying and I did feel a little bad about it, but it doesn't change anything.

badger16

None
That is why I changed it to THEpbf.com but since the link was already there it must not have corrected it when I tried to edit it. Fixed it. Thanks

BackOrdered

Contributor
Hilarious dinosaur comics aside, it is kind of a crappy feeling to know that you're voluntarily giving up something that others really wanted but couldn't have. Particularly because in student pool you're also with the guys who were NPQ'd, and you're sitting there with two good knees and a healthy back. So yes, Nehemiah, I understand what you're saying and I did feel a little bad about it, but it doesn't change anything.

I just discovered an old classamate of mine was offered a back door pass to Westpoint out of high school and one of my relatives was offered a 100%, no questions asked scholarship to Annapolis because my grandfather knew a board member. Neither ever happened because both turned them down willingly. I don't judge them at all because it is their lives and no one else's. The bottom line is you have nothing to apologize about regarding your life to anyone else. The slot was yours to do with.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I just discovered an old classamate of mine was offered a back door pass to Westpoint out of high school and one of my relatives was offered a 100%, no questions asked scholarship to Annapolis because my grandfather knew a board member. Neither ever happened because both turned them down willingly. I don't judge them at all because it is their lives and no one else's. The bottom line is you have nothing to apologize about regarding your life to anyone else. The slot was yours to do with.

Bullshit.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Bullshit.

Thats fair. Both cases are done and long over with, the latter decades old. I just know in both cases, people really really went to bat for these people, both really appeared to have a better shot than I ever would, and both went the other way. I still stand by my point.

four o two

None
Well, I give you props for being honest at least. When I was at the real OCS in Pensacola (Oh, yes, I did just go there :D), a lot of the DOR's made me sick to my stomach. I had no idea honestly how 99% of them got as far as actually getting to OCS. They were cancerous, had bad attitudes and represented the military poorly. What's worse, they probably went home and painted a bad picture of military life, claimed bad and unfair treatment, et cetera. Just your basic "excuse makers."

That being said, you don't sound like that kind of guy. It sounds like you've made an honest assessment of yourself, addressed your weak and strong points and decided this thing wasn't right for you. I can't say I know where you're coming from exactly, but at OCS I most certainly did have my moments of "WTF am I doing here?" In the end, no offense to you, it comes down to who wants it most. I'm learning that training commands are simply layers of bullshit packed onto students to harass and test their will, whether it be through DI's in your face, or having to work with 15 year-old charts when planning VNAV flights. It's all about how bad you want to reach that end goal, whatever it may be.

Good luck in your future endeavors.