• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Indoc PRT at OCS

xmid

pilot
Contributor
You did not watch them you're still OC.. yall were busy getting slayed by your DI who just got back, were you not... it's sat-med. Go pull out your OCR.

Naw... We watched from about 15 feet above them as our rooms overlooked that back field behind Nimitz where they did it, and yes he came back with a vengence. We had someone roll out of 03 that was in the sat-med range. And the OCR (which was written in pensacola) is reliable for everything...:rolleyes: Congrats by the way. Get the cougars warmed up for me.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I meant to say sat-high. Regardless if you are even thinking about this, you are far from ready to go to OCS. If you hit the bare minimums before you get here you stand a good chance of having a DI subtract push ups or sit ups and then you're screwed. If the in PFA doesnt get you a failure to maintain during indoc will. Just show up in shape and you'll be fine.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I'm only thinking about it for the run, so unless they subtract time for not running with perfect form I think I'll be ok. I can bang out around 80 situps and between 65-70 pushups. I think I got 72 once on a good day, but from what I've read on these boards, I won't be hitting that come the in-PRT.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
The OCR is updated for Newport.
In-PFA is Sat-Med
Mid-PFA is Sat High
Out-PFA is Good Low

With that said, I can pretty much guarentee you won't make it through Indoc week if you can only do a Sat-Medium. You will get a failure to maintain and end up in 'H'. For those of you showing up anytime soon, you will be doing indoor PT and indoor cardio/running almost all the time. The 1.5 mile PFA will be in the gym. When the weather is good you will still run outside.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
In-PFA is Sat-Med
Mid-PFA is Sat High
Out-PFA is Good Low

With that said, I can pretty much guarentee you won't make it through Indoc week if you can only do a Sat-Medium. You will get a failure to maintain and end up in 'H'. For those of you showing up anytime soon, you will be doing indoor PT and indoor cardio/running almost all the time. The 1.5 mile PFA will be in the gym. When the weather is good you will still run outside.

Did they lower the PFA standards because so many were rolling into H?

xmid

pilot
Contributor

Oh yea its updated... Thats why the war locker diagrams for RLP are exactly right and things like secured chow hall procedures or the requirements to secure are spot on... The OCR is NOT updated in many areas. I've got plenty of time since my class is going in to its final weekend before candio phase without liberty, so come on by and I'll show you several things in the OCR that are bogus for OTCN. Bottom line is don't come here at the mins, or you are going to spend longer than 12 weeks here.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Bottom line is don't come here at the mins, or you are going to spend longer than 12 weeks here.

I don't think anyone is advocating that, at least I hope not. But having an understanding of the mins should a DI knock off reps for form is helpful so you can get back into safe grounds and not go to H company off of pure ignorance.

EX:

Well I went to OCS back in when it was in PNS and let me tell you I rolled because master guns saw a few with bad form and said "SUBTRACT 30!" to my partner that was counting. That was enough to make me fall short by like 2 pushups.

I don't know if he did or didn't know what the mins were, but knowing you are 2 short during the PRT is an asset rather than afterwards all the same.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
You roll if you get below a Sat Med in any category, or fail the sit and reach. If you have bad form you will most likely get reps taken away. People have also gotten rolled due to failure to maintain during indoc week, or even the following weeks. Just because you pass the PFA (PRT) doesn't mean you can stop putting out.

tiger84

LT
pilot
Let me guess . . . you have Gunny S*** don't ya?

If that's the newly minted Gunnery Sergeant S*** you are referring to then I had him down in Pensacola. The beatings were definitely non stop and we had it worse than a lot of classes, but overall he's a great guy and I'm proud to have been in his class.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
So why did they change the standards for the in-prt, mid, and out prt. Was it becasue so many people were rolling into H during indoc week? Thats good news for me, but just curious...