• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Indoc PRT at OCS

The Warden

So when you get to OCS, one of the first things you do is a PRT to determine whether you're eligible to continue or whether you need to roll (remediate). Do they use the Good-Low guidelines to determine whether you need remediation or the Satisfactory high/medium guidelines?

For example:
25-29 Year Old Male:
SU/PU/1.5 Run
Good Low
54/44/12:00
Satisfactory High
50/41/13:23
Satisfactory Medium
47/38/13:45

I've been hitting the Good-low's regularly but I'm concerned about them cracking down on form and doc'ing completed SU's or PU's.

tiger84

LT
pilot
So when you get to OCS, one of the first things you do is a PRT to determine whether you're eligible to continue or whether you need to roll (remediate). Do they use the Good-Low guidelines to determine whether you need remediation or the Satisfactory high/medium guidelines?

For example:
25-29 Year Old Male:
SU/PU/1.5 Run
Good Low
54/44/12:00
Satisfactory High
50/41/13:23
Satisfactory Medium
47/38/13:45

I've been hitting the Good-low's regularly but I'm concerned about them cracking down on form and doc'ing completed SU's or PU's.

It's Good Low unless they've changed it in the last few months. You will definitely do worse on the In PRT though since you will be tired and the DIs will be screaming about form. Bust your ass all the way up to your ship date and you should be fine though.

BigRed389

None
You sure about that?

It was Sat Med on the in, Sat High on the mid, and Good Low on the out when I went through.

tiger84

LT
pilot
You sure about that?

It was Sat Med on the in, Sat High on the mid, and Good Low on the out when I went through.

No, I'm not positive but that's what I remember it being. I've tried to block out large portions of OCS from my memory so that may be one of them.

The Warden

You sure about that?

This would definitly be the reassurance I'm looking for. I'm just very anxious about the indoc PRT. I really-really don't want to roll.

tiger84

LT
pilot
This would definitly be the reassurance I'm looking for. I'm just very anxious about the indoc PRT. I really-really don't want to roll.

Just train your ass off before you go and you'll be fine then. Don't psyche yourself out for it either, it's really not that bad.

cdrsniper

Lovin' life....
If your form is not correct... I assure you they WILL notice. I normally do 70 push ups in the fleet... Here at OCS I only did 45 on my IN-PFA. Failing the IN-PFA is the quickest way to roll in OCS. Make sure every single push up counts... DI's are known for "zero-ing out" candidates because of their form.

Goob83

None
it is good low across the board or Nothing, bottom line ...............NO good low in all three events you roll

Happy day If you barley do it now in a nice calm rested state you will fail at OCS. INCREASE YOUR CARDIO and work on the form. Heck you may have perfect form and DI doesn't like your hair color he will ROLL YOU cause he can fail you on form. SUBJECTIVE but that is why they are the DI's.

Concur and concur. Do it right or start over.

utak

The "Dynamic Stretches" will wear you out before the PFA. The first time you do it, you'll lose a minute off your run time. Then as you progress, you'll be able to run your original time, and faster, taking apart all the dynamic stretching and bear-crawling to the track into account.

My PFA run for my OCS package was 9:20. My in-PFA was 10:30. My out PFA was back down to 9:20 again, and I did while sick like a dog cause of some plague spreading throughout our class.

The Warden

so we're in agreement that the Indoc PRT is by Sat-Med standards? I read that on the OCS Newport website but was pretty skeptical. I have no doubt that they will be expecting alot better than Sat-Med by the Mid and Out Prt's--I'm only concerned about the Indoc at this point.

utak

yeah, and be sure to pass the sit and reach. You don't want to be That Guy who rolls for failing the sit and reach, cause it has happened.

nugget81

pilot
it is good low across the board or Nothing, bottom line ...............NO good low in all three events you roll

I personally knew of several people with less than good low on the in-PFA and they did not roll. Regardless, aim to max out and you shouldn't have to worry about it too much.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
I personally knew of several people with less than good low on the in-PFA and they did not roll. Regardless, aim to max out and you shouldn't have to worry about it too much.

My understanding is Good Low to ship, Satisfactory Med to NOT roll.

bb1125

None
I also remember Sat-med for the in. I personally got Sat-med on my push-ups thanks to some DI attention. As for the mid and out, don't worry. You'll be well above the minimums by then.