• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IFS - What should I expect?

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Quick questions here, Gentlemen. What dictates where you'll attend IFS while in Mike Co? I've heard Dulles, Manassas, and Quantico Flying Club which are all in the vicinity. Also, what's the uniform worn while at IFS? Thanks and Semper Fi, Doc

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Uniform = civies
Where will you go? = combination of where you want but ultimately NEEDS OF THE MARINE CORPS.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
usmcecho4 said:
You request where you want to do IFS.
Uniform is civilian clothing.
s/f,
usmcecho4

Sounds like an echo...

Other than that thanks for the update on your daily schedule.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Dulles/Manassas is the same thing ... Manassas is the airport and Dulles Aviation is the name of the FBO (School). I picked Manassas just because I wanted to get off the damn base. Nice change of pace. Its bout a 30 min drive but I didn't mind it at all.

Also, the program there is WAY more structured as opposed to Quantico where they had one student that had never landed b4 his check ride. When he jacked up the landings on his checkride and they gave him crap, he told them that this was his first time landing. They had no idea. He needed like an extra week to complete the program.

At Manassas they have it set up by flights and everyone does the same manueuvers on each flight so it is way more efficient and you actually learn more.

Also, at Manassas you'll do a night crosscountry flight (w/ instructor) and night bounces where as at Quantico you won't.

Peace,

-Spin

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Spin said:
Dulles/Manassas is the same thing ... Manassas is the airport and Dulles Aviation is the name of the FBO (School). I picked Manassas just because I wanted to get off the damn base. Nice change of pace. Its bout a 30 min drive but I didn't mind it at all.

Also, the program there is WAY more structured as opposed to Quantico where they had one student that had never landed b4 his check ride. When he jacked up the landings on his checkride and they gave him crap, he told them that this was his first time landing. They had no idea. He needed like an extra week to complete the program.

At Manassas they have it set up by flights and everyone does the same manueuvers on each flight so it is way more efficient and you actually learn more.

Also, at Manassas you'll do a night crosscountry flight (w/ instructor) and night bounces where as at Quantico you won't.

Peace,

-Spin

Correction there Spin, the other flight school at Manasas Airport started doing IFS now, so Dulles is not the same as Manasas anymore...

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Well it sounds like Manassas/Dulles is the way to go. From what I've been reading there's plenty of time for the 30 minute commute. Thanks for the info, Doc

rossaholman

Lt, USMC
usmcecho4 said:
IFS Day 5 at Manassas Aviation Center:

Arrive 0900
0900-1030 Watch DVD for Chapter 9 and 10
1030-1200 Lunch
1200-1300 Decide whether or not to leave early
1300-xxxx Leave early for drinking sustainment time and liver stretching. Start flying on Monday

I cant wait

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Dont tease me too much ... but that will be nice. It will be like the calm before the storm ... TBS.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
CitizenReloaded said:
do you even have to do the usual inprocessing BS?

-endless redundant paperwork
-medical/unnecessary shots
-pft
-etc?

Yes, minus the PFT, that will come when you class up with a company...

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
Sooo, you actually drove all the way out there even if you didn't have a flight? Hell, if the weather sucks, that's what aviationweather.gov and a telephone is for. If you don't have a flight, thats what PS2 in your room is for.

usmcecho4

pilot
Still had ground school stuff to take care of so I had to go there anyway. Once GS is complete then I get to play the phone game.

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4