• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IFS - What should I expect?

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
CORPSviation said:
So I've got orders to IFS, report on OCT 26. Anyone know the check-in procedures? Am i to report first to TBS and they will give me all the details there? I'm assuming I will report to Camp Barrett and get filtered into Mike Company. I dont know whether I'll be flying in Quantico or Manassas or any details for that matter. Any info would be great.

Its not a huge deal, dont get too worked up. However, be squared away, you are a Marine. You report on the day they tell you too, I would suggest about 1400 or so. You will go to Camp Barrett, find Graves Hall. If you are looking at Graves Hall from the TBS parking lot, go in on the right side of the building (east side). Go to the second floor down the hall to the Mike Co office. You will be reporting to other Lts. They will tell you what to do from there. You then change out of your suit or Alphas into cammies, so have them handy. You will be assigned to a room and given further instructions. You will not know where you are flying out of until they assign you a few days after you report. Its nothing to sweat. Make sure and have enough proper civilian clothes, you will be wearing them everyday during IFS. See ya in a few weeks, ask me any question you have.

VAmookie

I dont know if this is the correct forum for this, BUT...

I'm driving east to west coast using POV to TBS. I looked up POV mileage rates on the DoD website https://secureapp2.hqda.pentagon.mil/perdiem/faqpovpast.html and it says they reimbursed 0.485 cents per mile unless it more advantagous for me to drive a gov vehicle (which in this case it isnt). Does this mean that since im driving roughly 3000 miles at 0.485 cents/mile that ill be reimbursed $1455 ??? Is it that black and white or is there a statute of limitations on reimbursements. Anyone? Thanks

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
CORPSviation said:
Does this mean that since im driving roughly 3000 miles at 0.485 cents/mile that ill be reimbursed $1455 ??? Is it that black and white or is there a statute of limitations on reimbursements. Anyone? Thanks

Essentially...yes. As for what exactly that covers they will explain that when you get there...

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
You will go to Camp Barrett, find Graves Hall.

Mike Co. office is in O'Bannon Hall. And I believe you need to have your orders stamped in the OOD shack in Heywood Hall.

VAmookie

do you get flight pay while doing IFS or is that something you qualify for only after getting "flight status" ie. getting your wings?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
do you get flight pay while doing IFS or is that something you qualify for only after getting "flight status" ie. getting your wings?

Not for IFS but once you pick up Primary you will start to get it...

While you are doing IFS for the military its not a military program specifically.