• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

If going to Iraq, your choice of weapon

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
kabar1217_large.jpg

That and maybe some 550-cord. ;)

Recidivist

Anybody ever seen Snatch?

I know what you are thinking, I'm talking about the movie, a-holes. The one where the british Gangster feeds people to pigs.

Skeet

Banned
What am I doing?

How many people do I operate with at any one time?

Are we all carrying matched weapons or do we operate in a fireteam type configurationg?

How easily can I obtain ammunition from my employer or do I have to scrounge if I dont pick something they provide?

How much time will I spend in the field?

How many other operational units from my company will be in my vicinity in case their are problems?

Finally where am I working?

He'll be flying an MD 530 F, over most of Iraq, flying out of a base near Balad. Most of the missions will be to support high value ground assets, and they'll probably be flying a two ship formation. The weapon will also be carried when travelling cross country.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Wouldn't that mean that its more of a last resort, rather than a kicking in doors weapon? The purpose of the weapon being to defend himself in the event that he survives being shot down and is being attacked by insurgents?

Skeet

Banned
Wouldn't that mean that its more of a last resort, rather than a kicking in doors weapon? The purpose of the weapon being to defend himself in the event that he survives being shot down and is being attacked by insurgents?

Yes, that's exactly what it is. A self defense weapon. Jeez, a serious answer, I don't believe it. Most of these wise guys only want to spout off. My buds life will be on the line, as well as mine if I'm accepted. I only have to to have my docs verified and I'll be going. I've finished my tour with the NG.

Skeet

Banned
Can't Blackwater issue their guys select fire weapons? Go with either a 10 inch or 14.5 inch M4. If you have to bring your own AR, go with these guys http://www.cmmginc.com/

Who, Backwater? I have choice of weapons, ranging from an MP5 to the M4. Also have a choice of sights. If I'm chosen I'll probably go with the M4. I'll also take own body armour, Dragon Skin.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Who, Backwater? I have choice of weapons, ranging from an MP5 to the M4. Also have a choice of sights. If I'm chosen I'll probably go with the M4. I'll also take own body armour, Dragon Skin.

What's the price range for Dragon Skin?

Skeet

Banned
What's the price range for Dragon Skin?

About twice the price of U.S. Military Interceptor Body Armor. Roughly 4k including a pad for my helo seat. But, in my mind it's worth the price. Check out the references.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Was that Pershings on that video?;)

Why not follow in the footsteps of Pizza Hut with their "Drivers do not carry more than $20" and slap a sticker on the side of all US military (and contractor) vehicles saying "Occupant's bullets are made with pork products".