• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How to Dress when meeting Officer Recruiter for the first time

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
ANYONE who wears go-aheads (flip-flops to the rest of you) w/ ANYTHING other than shorts/swimming suit is wardrobe (and mentally) challenged.

E.O.D.

Hey, I always called them "go-aheads", but I first wore them on the same rock as you in 1958.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
When I had my picture taken after taking the oath at NRD Dever I had mutton chops, a red afro (natural), a scraggly goatee, wearing shorts, sandals, and a t-shirt. I looked like a friggen mountain man.

I really wish I had that picture! I think I would disgust my own self.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
Fixed it for you.

Truth be told, I'm one of those losers. I don't do it often, but when my feet are sweating really bad and/or stink really bad - I'll wear sandals to air my feet out. If it's too cold for shorts, then jeans it is... Although I don't wear them around much more than to run errands at most.

Summertime? Nothing but sandals for me.

No worries! Flip flops are just dandy.

A good policy? Never take fashion advice from someone 20 years your junior or senior!
;)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.....Never take fashion advice from someone 20 years your junior or senior!
REALLY??? :)

You've obviously never heard this:

downarrowhm7.gif

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
No worries! Flip flops are just dandy.

A good policy? Never take fashion advice from someone 20 years your junior or senior!
;)

What about 10, or 5? The far side of a lobotomy is never as far away as you think. It used to be, "F-in majors." Now it's,"Damn lieutenant colonels."

tlord82

pilot
Don't tell me you never did the Flip-Flop Dash to the barracks at TBS??
And I totally agree with SemperGumbi about officers not dressing like tools. Thank God I'm a west coast Marine.

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
Thank God I'm a west coast Marine.

So no jean shorts, braided belt, and 80's polo?!? Throwing your career away so young huh? Tsk...tsk...tsk..

FWIW, I think I said it before, it's not just the Marines. All three U-2 pilots at advanced survival training wore that exact "Yut-Yut" uniform after hours. Down to the RayBan sunglasses. It was cultish and spooky. Viper pilots aren't immune either...

hphrog87 used to dress like that until he started hanging out with me, I shamed him into the modernity and the whole concept of age appropriate dressing. That is, except the few Vegas trips where he raided his teenage son's Abercrombie & Fitch, and Hollister articles and ran around the strip looking like a 40 year-old in, well... his teenage son's clothes.

hfrog84

Token Air Force (Viper) Guy
hphrog87 used to dress like that until he started hanging out with me, I shamed him into the modernity and the whole concept of age appropriate dressing. That is, except the few Vegas trips where he raided his teenage son's Abercrombie & Fitch, and Hollister articles and ran around the strip looking like a 40 year-old in, well... his teenage son's clothes.

<warning 10% rule in effect>

Yeah but but....well I thought it was working for me. Thre is a fine line between looking stylish and looking like a 40 year old trying to look 20 . I may have tiptoed across it a time or two.

I'm finding out in the civilian sector that choosing your "look" every morning requires a lot more brain cells than throwing on the old green pajamas.

FTR, I have never worn polyester Class A pants with a golf shirt , an 80s NFL starter jacket, a members only jacket, or sandals with sox like I have seen MB1K in!

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Except don't wear flip-flops with jeans for crissakes, even if the cool kids are doing it!

If there's one group of people, above all, you shouldn't listen to for fashion advice, it has to be East Coast Field Grade. OTEC Casual shouldn't be mirrored anywhere.

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
<warning 10% rule in effect>
FTR, I have never worn polyester Class A pants with a golf shirt , an 80s NFL starter jacket, a members only jacket, or sandals with sox like I have seen MB1K in!

You forgot my Miami Dolphins trucker hat and leather (Korean special) NASCAR jacket... if you're going to slam me, get it right!

What about that black satin embroidered Corvette Owners Club jacket you've been sporting at the Hard Rock?!?

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
My mother just sent me a "forward it to everyone you know" kind of email with the subject, "I will never complain about my kids again." Basically it's a bunch of people with insane, disgusting piercings and forehead bone-rearrangement.

This kind of stuff:
piercings-732018.jpg

:(
I figured it must be making it's way around the internets. This thread reminded me of that...

Semper Jump Jet

Ninja smoke...POOF.
pilot
I can't believe no one has suggested "Shower shoes and a light coat of CLP".

Or how 'bout pants that zip off into shorts "just in case" and some big puffy North Face jackets like the Spec Ops guys run around in these days. Very non-descript.

PeterH

North Face jackets
What i always find amusing about people who wear North Face jackets/clothes, is that they've usually never even seen a mountain... (At least where i live in Texas).

(First post i know, but i've been excessively lurking for awhile).
[edit] and i just realized i revived a dead thread >_<

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
What i always find amusing about people who wear North Face jackets/clothes, is that they've usually never even seen a mountain... (At least where i live in Texas).

(First post i know, but i've been excessively lurking for awhile).
[edit] and i just realized i revived a dead thread >_<

Is one month dead?