• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How to Dress when meeting Officer Recruiter for the first time

GJC NAVY

I am planning on meeting my officer recruiter for the first time this week. Do any of the veterans have any suggestions on how to dress? Business, business causal etc. Don't want to make the wrong impression.

Thanks

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Assless chaps are always a winner! :D

Seriously, business casual is a safe bet.

gotta_fly

pilot
Make sure you shave and get rid of any eccentricities in your haircut (mutton chops, etc.). Leave your jean shorts at home. :-D

GJC NAVY

Thanks. Its a double-edged sword, i didn't want to come in looking ridiculously overdressed in a suit if other were coming in wearing jeans and a t-shirt but by the same token I didn't want to look like a slob and be underdressed. No worries on the hair, keep it high and tight.

SWCS242

SWO in-training
I don't think they will really care, as long as you don't look like a dirt bag. I wasn't planning on meeting the recruiter when I did and was not dressed up at all, he didn't seem to care as I still got accepted. Nice shirt, clean pants would probably be fine.

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
Personally, tee shirt and jeans. No earrings, piercings, "stylish" hair (faux hawk, etc..) and no cocaine finger nails is a safe bet. When I worked Officer Recruiting, the only thing that struck a "bad" chord were the goths, right out Billy-Bob NASCAR-trailer-park-walk-ins, and people dressed like gang bangers walking in spouting, "...man, I wanna fly jets" as they're waving their hands in big oversized down jacket, sideways caps and/or wool caps in the middle of June. Seriously, I'm NOT kidding.

On the flip side, if you walk in with a blue oxford button down, khaki pants, a belt with whales on it, and canvas boat shoes, looking like a young Ed Begley Jr. out of a Land's End catalog, we'd likely vector you towards SWO, supply or INTEL.

GJC NAVY

Well then I better put on my J.Crew garb, haha, cause I am going for 1) INTEL and 2) SWO. Thank you for the advice.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
people dressed like gang bangers walking in spouting, "...man, I wanna fly jets" as they're waving their hands in big oversized down jacket, sideways caps and/or wool caps in the middle of June
Don't hate on me 'yo.:icon_smil

schwarti

Contributor
On the flip side, if you walk in with a blue oxford button down, khaki pants, a belt with whales on it, and canvas boat shoes, looking like a young Ed Begley Jr. out of a Land's End catalog, we'd likely vector you towards SWO, supply or INTEL.

I like my boat shoes and whale belt... :eek:

gotta_fly

pilot
... blue oxford button down, khaki pants, a belt with whales on it, and canvas boat shoes ...

You pretty much described every guy (colloquially referred to as a 'bro' or a 'dude') at Holy Cross, except there's a lot more pink and a decent amount of madras/patchwork stuff going on. If it gets over 60 degrees here it starts to look like Martha's Vineyard threw up all over Worcester.:D

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
i walked in wearing scuba gear, swim goggles and a flight helmet...and asked where do i sign? worked for me..