• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How to Dress when meeting Officer Recruiter for the first time

Sly1978

Living the Dream
pilot
However, it is acceptable to wear go-fasters, a braided leather belt, an 80s polo shirt and a pair of aviators.

In all seriousness, I think that this is the exact outfit I was wearing when I first met my recruiter. Of course, that was before those miserable 3 months when I was forced to refer to my sneekers as "go-fasters".

egolnick

My suggestion man. Wear a suit. First impressions are everything. If you wanted to be taken seriously through this process, carry yourself in a professional manner, and dress the part of a serious candidate. Remember, you are looking for a job when it all boils down.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yep. Mine's dark blue, not gay-yellow, for the record. :D Pretty much any belt with whales/lobsters/signal flags/yacht club burgees on it and a double-ring buckle.

I'm getting old.

I'm starting to see things that were in while I was in college just now come back into fashion.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
You can always peg-leg your jeans, rolling them up with a fold so they are tight on your ankles! Viva the 90s!

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You can always peg-leg your jeans, rolling them up with a fold so they are tight on your ankles! Viva the 90s!

yes, with black soccer adidas with white stripes. don't forget the top gun raybans to complete ensemble.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
Just don't dress like a tool. Not just for the recruiter, I mean ever. We have enough of those guys in the military. When I used to get shit for not wearing Khacki's and a tucked in shirt on liberty at TBS (shoot me, I know) I would generally respond that I felt I was doing a better job representing the Marines by looking presentable by today's modern dress standards than making the public think all Marines Officers were total idiots disconnected to the outside world.

That got mixed reviews.

Point being: Dress normal. Look at what the normal kids are wearing (if you aren't one) then do the same. Dressing up isn't required.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I usually wear/wore clean jeans and a plain tee-shirt or collared shirt. Most of the time I am stopping by the office on my way to or from work, so whatever I wear to work ( I work at a marina) is what my recruiter sees me in.

Honestly, I don't think it matters as much as some people here say it does. As SemperG says, just don't look like a tool.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Except don't wear flip-flops with jeans for crissakes, even if the cool kids are doing it!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Except don't wear flip-flops with jeans for crissakes, even if the cool kids are doing it!
ANYONE who wears go-aheads (flip-flops to the rest of you) w/ ANYTHING other than shorts/swimming suit is wardrobe (and mentally) challenged.

E.O.D.

Killer2

TRONS!
None
When I used to get shit for not wearing Khacki's and a tucked in shirt on liberty at TBS (shoot me, I know)

There was a certain SPC that had Civilian Attire inspections on Fridays, ohhh how I miss that wonderful place. I can't wait to go back as an instructor, I am going to call my monitor right now and request it.:D

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Don't show up in an 80's polo shirt, jean shorts, braided belt or the like and you're golden.

Seriously though. Just dress in business attire (slacks, button-down or polo shirt) and decent shoes (NOT skate shoes or running shoes) and you should be fine.

That being said, I showed up to my recruiter for the first time in a t-shirt (not an offensive one or anything), jeans and skate shoes and 4 ear-piercings and I'm now in primary....take me as an exception....not the rule....

phrogpilot73

ANYONE who wears go-aheads (flip-flops to the rest of you) w/ ANYTHING other than shorts/swimming suit is wardrobe (and mentally) or stinky foot challenged.
Fixed it for you.

Truth be told, I'm one of those losers. I don't do it often, but when my feet are sweating really bad and/or stink really bad - I'll wear sandals to air my feet out. If it's too cold for shorts, then jeans it is... Although I don't wear them around much more than to run errands at most.

Summertime? Nothing but sandals for me.