• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How long are you waiting to class up for API?

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
The last few classes have had more guys going to Whiting than to Corpus. It seems to change week to week. It's easy to switch with someone if you can find someone who wants the opposite.

So, if I got Milton and someone else got Corpus, and we wanted to switch, we could just arrange that with Flight Management or something?

lax311

So, if I got Milton and someone else got Corpus, and we wanted to switch, we could just arrange that with Flight Management or something?

Yeah, just go into the B-pool office with the person you want to switch with. Nothing is guaranteed, but they shouldn't have an issue with switching two guys in the same class or within a week of each other.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Yeah, especially since you want to switch to CC; from what I've seen, most people seem to want to switch to Milton if at all. Shouldn't be too hard to find someone who wants to swap. When you do, you can either talk to the Assistant API Director in Flight Management or, if you've classed up, the class officer.

TolgaK

PRO REC SNA!

I managed a switch of orders last week. It's not too difficult provided you the trade is in a class not too far off from yours and neither of your orders have been written yet. B-Pool handles it.

UVaMarine

pilot
Contributor
What about you Marine bubbas? I'm finishing up TBS at the end of next month - just trying to get a feel for wait times on the USMC side. I also won't need IFS (PPL).

klamsy

Monday monkey lives for the weekend, sir.
pilot
Contributor
What about you Marine bubbas? I'm finishing up TBS at the end of next month - just trying to get a feel for wait times on the USMC side. I also won't need IFS (PPL).

A couple months, give or take. Supposedly they're trying to keep wait times under two months but it all depends on the size of the pool and how many Marines they can send a week. Almost everyone from my TBS class waited around three months to start training, IFS validator or not.

nwsnahopeful

Anyone have any insight on those who would be classing up in November? I've been hearing that they wont start those classes up since the pool closes in December and they dont want to split up the training. Havent heard anything like that from any instructors or class officers though so I am wondering if that usually happens just to have an idea on what to expect. Any info is appreciated. Thanks ya'll

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
In case any relevant APIers are checking this thread: If you got picked for Milton but you wanted Corpus, and you are still within an acceptable window to trade, please toss me a PM :)

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
In case any relevant APIers are checking this thread: If you got picked for Milton but you wanted Corpus, and you are still within an acceptable window to trade, please toss me a PM :)

I guess the City of Corpus Christi has too much glamour for you then?

Calcutta126

Gay guitar pickers don't turn me on
I'm not sure what this will do to the waits right now, but TBS Delta Company air contracts, who graduate 26 Nov, are starting to get their orders with a report NLT 15 Jan. It normally wouldn't be a huge deal, but there are about 100 of us. Just trying to figure out if it would be better to report before or after a Christmas break.

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
I'm not sure what this will do to the waits right now, but TBS Delta Company air contracts, who graduate 26 Nov, are starting to get their orders with a report NLT 15 Jan. It normally wouldn't be a huge deal, but there are about 100 of us. Just trying to figure out if it would be better to report before or after a Christmas break.

AFTER, for the love of god. . . You will get winged eventually two or three weeks won't make a bit of difference in the long run.

klamsy

Monday monkey lives for the weekend, sir.
pilot
Contributor

After...take leave, go home, and enjoy yourself. Depending on where you live, it also just makes more sense (to me at least) to to go Quantico->Christmas->Florida than Quantico->Florida->Christmas->Florida.
Like an idiot, I was all moto and checked in about three days after TBS graduation. All that meant was I had three more weeks of driving down to base for check in and "PT" than everyone else and we all classed up around the same time anyways. When I was at TBS we got told that start dates would be determined by TBS rank/report date/date of commission/whatever, but at least from the student-waiting-for-training-perspective those decisions seem like they're made using voodoo magic so don't overthink it.

RicoBean

If you report after the Christmas break you will be 30 days in the hole as far as leave goes. Don't think its a good idea. But what do I know, i'm in the same shoes as you are. Delta Co. Rah!