• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How long are you waiting to class up for API?

KilroyUSN

Prior EM1(SS) - LTJG - VP P-8 NFO COTAC
None
Actually, my reply in general was about SNAs, as I never had a NFO as a flight leader, or a wingman. Both SNAs & SNFOs could possibly be permanently prone to airsickness. This should be taken care of one way or another, during IFS, or civilian PPL program.
BzB

My apologies, thought you were asking about my buddy who didn't get through, misread your post. I still think that how someone performs in IFS (or while doing their PPL) does not have a very good reflection on how they do in the fleet. Different aircraft, a lot more instruction, more time at the stick, yada yada. In my opinion, IFS should be what it is titles "Introductory" and by that I mean "Does this guy/gal WANT to fly? Is he/she prone to getting airsick".
Without standardization between the flight schools, or even the individual instructors, it makes it hard to justify IFS being a skill based filter. Talking to the IFS office, they informed me that almost everyone who has failed their solo, have all come from the same school. I am not trying to advocate that they are being "unfair", rather that there is an obvious standardization issue and even the IFS office knows about it :(