• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How long are you waiting to class up for API?

VTFlyer

Any update of IFS or wait times for API class up?

I also heard they were sending more people to Whiting now to save money, any truth to that?

MGoBrew11

pilot
I also heard they were sending more people to Whiting now to save money, any truth to that?

Nope. Still all just luck of the draw and what week you class up. My whole class is going to Corpus. Even married guys.

All the ROTC/Academy folks are getting down here right now, so the wait might be on the longer side. Speculation of course.

VTFlyer

Good to hear...looks like I will have extend beach bum time.

When do you find out whether you are going to Corpus or Whiting? No body know anything at OCS.

MGoBrew11

pilot
Good to hear...looks like I will have extend beach bum time.

When do you find out whether you are going to Corpus or Whiting? No body know anything at OCS.

They'll tell you whether you are going to Corpus or Whiting the week you class up for API.

MiddieQ

pilot

From A-pool. Current class up to IFS is about 3-4 weeks. After that it's a bit of a crap shoot because everyone is getting down here. We also heard more people are going to whiting because corpus is transitioning to the t-6 so they're trying to put less people there.

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
From A-pool. Current class up to IFS is about 3-4 weeks. After that it's a bit of a crap shoot because everyone is getting down here. We also heard more people are going to whiting because corpus is transitioning to the t-6 so they're trying to put less people there.

Eh, yes and no. VT27 is transitioning to the T6. VT28 is still T-34.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Me and a couple other validators (people who don't need IFS) from OCS just classed up, took us about a month and change from initial check-in to starting the class (this Tuesday). People who need IFS are obviously waiting longer, not sure how long specifically.
Also, we were told they're once again starting to send people to Corpus, and sure enough, like half the pilots in our class, including all the OCS guys, are going to CC. So the recent gouge that it's 70/30 in favor of Whiting is now outdated. Married people are still getting sent to Whiting, but single people, don't bet on it.

djj34

pilot
On the Marine side, you could be like some guys and finish API 6 weeks ago and still be waiting for an IFS date :)

Oh, and they're taking volunteers/volunteering people to go to CC who were originally slated for Whiting, but of course this doesn't surprise me.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Oh, and they're taking volunteers/volunteering people to go to CC who were originally slated for Whiting, but of course this doesn't surprise me.

Yeah at one of the musters soon after I checked in, they were asking the most recent class for two volunteers to go to Whiting instead of CC; I thought he misspoke at first. Unfortunately I guess I missed that window. Timing is everything.

djj34

pilot
Wait, so they're asking for 2 volunteers to switch from Corpus to Whiting, in addition to the 2 who were selected to change from Whiting to Courpus? That makes sense.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Wait, so they're asking for 2 volunteers to switch from Corpus to Whiting, in addition to the 2 who were selected to change from Whiting to Courpus? That makes sense.

No, that was over a month ago that they were asking for those volunteers

lax311

I got here in the beginning of June, classed up for IFS around the beginning of August, finished IFS around the end of August, and I'm in API now. There's currently no wait for Navy students to class up for API after IFS. As soon as you solo, you will be classing up in the next API class. The most you would be waiting is a couple days.

lax311

The last few classes have had more guys going to Whiting than to Corpus. It seems to change week to week. It's easy to switch with someone if you can find someone who wants the opposite.