• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

[GUN] Poll

Multiple Choice

• Don't own a firearm

Votes: 42 24.1%
  • Own a firearm

Votes: 118 67.8%
  • Have a CCW license

Votes: 40 23.0%

• Total voters
T

TXHusker05

I just voted, I have a personal weapon but no Concealed Carry Permit because in my state of residence (Nebraska), Concealed Carry is not permitted and they do not acknowledge permits from other states. When I return to Texas I plan on getting my permit however.

My weapon is a Sig Sauer SP2022 chambered in a .357 SIG round. It is a polymer frame and extremely lightweight. Picatinny rail up front and the action can be configured from double-single to double-double. 10 round magazine and I sprung for the night sights and it was damn expensive but worth it. It is a beautiful weapon, if you are looking for a reliable pistol and small enough for concealed carry... I recommend the Sig.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
mserver said:
anyone know where I can get an AR15 in CA for relatively cheap?

hahahahahahahahaah
oh man
hahahahaahahahaha

that's good stuff.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
mserver said:
anyone know where I can get an AR15 in CA for relatively cheap?

Negative. Impossible. As a California resident there is no way in hell for you to get an AR-15. You had to of owned it prior to the ban (2000 or 2001, I forget). Want one? Move to a free state.

Sorry, your state sucks for gun laws (and I get to move there soon, grrrr...)

mserver

Fly Navy said:
Negative. Impossible. As a California resident there is no way in hell for you to get an AR-15. You had to of owned it prior to the ban (2000 or 2001, I forget). Want one? Move to a free state.

Sorry, your state sucks for gun laws (and I get to move there soon, grrrr...)

damn it, I forgot about that little law...I guess I will have to get something different.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
mserver said:
damn it, I forgot about that little law...I guess I will have to get something different.

Want to know the real b!tch? As a non-CA resident being PCS'd to CA, I can register my "assault weapons" legally. If you, as a CA resident, leave the state, get an AR-15, then get sent back, you can't legally register. Fvcked up, huh?

JIMMY

man that is pretty messed up. im glad i got mine before the ban:icon_smil
hey, for those that already have their FFL, have you ever had an inspection by the ATF?

thx

mserver

Fly Navy said:
Want to know the real b!tch? As a non-CA resident being PCS'd to CA, I can register my "assault weapons" legally. If you, as a CA resident, leave the state, get an AR-15, then get sent back, you can't legally register. Fvcked up, huh?

wow, damn these laws. who needs them anyway?

pilot06

No concealed carry permit, but I have a few. Bought most of mine while in college.

-Taurus 627 Tracker .357 MAG (6.5" barrel)
-Springfield 1911A1 Mil-Spec (OD Green)
-Yugo SKS w/ Tapco T6 stock and 9x Compact Mil dot scope
-Remington 700 (.270)
-Remington 870 Express Magnum 12ga
-Remington 870 Express 20ga

When I get back from FL, I'm hoping to get an H&K compact 9mm.

MasterBates

I have at the moment (crazy woman has the rest)

M1 Garand, July '43 SA Reciever
SKS , Yugo 59/66 model
AR15, 16" Dissapator
1911, SA HiCap Semi-Loaded. 13+1 of 45ACP goodness.

Unfortunatley, none are in my posession until 10 FEB 07 or thereabouts..

h2o polo

Not paranoid enough to have a Concealed Carry Permit ;) but my stash includes:

Beretta 92 FS 9mm
Sig Sauer P229 (both barrels for .357 Sig and .40 S.W.)
Marlin bolt action .22 lr (the gun my dad bought me when i was like 5 :D )
Remington 700 (.270)
An old reliable Winchester 12 Ga. Pump (every ding has a great huntin story to go with it)
Savage Model 24... has a .222 rifle barrel on top and a 20 Ga. shotgun barrel underneath (great turkey gun)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not paranoid enough to have a Concealed Carry Permit ;) but my stash includes:

For me, CCW has been about the convenience of easy transport and being able to have something in my vehicle while I'm on the road. Seriously, are there any of you who are carrying regularly as you go about your day?

Brett

h2o polo

Sorry if I offended you, I did mean that mostly as a joke. I definitely understand it for the ease of transporting and to have while on the road. But I spent time working at an indoor shooting range and it amazed me at the number of people that would be packing on a daily basis just because they had the permit.