• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gouge for Selectees of FY22 IWC DCO Reserve Board

nothanks1

Is there any truth to the scuttlebutt that all ODS classes are full until October? Must we attend ODS within 365 days of commissioning, or within the same CY, or within the same FY? The Letter of Understanding from my recruiter just says "Within one year of commissioning", which would make it challenging to attend before the end of the FY.
I'm not sure if all ODS seats are taken until the end of FY22, but I know the final select letter says you have 1 calendar year, it doesn't mention FY at all.

Does anyone know when the next available ODS is? Are FY23 dates announced yet?

jrh0425

Is there any truth to the scuttlebutt that all ODS classes are full until October? Must we attend ODS within 365 days of commissioning, or within the same CY, or within the same FY? The Letter of Understanding from my recruiter just says "Within one year of commissioning", which would make it challenging to attend before the end of the FY.
No, there are still seats open for FY 22.

Here's the schedule for FY 23

jzz001

Still no news about my formal commissioning! But, hopefully it'll shake loose in the next few weeks!

number9

Contributor
I'll be commissioning on Monday (yes, on the holiday). We are holding a small formal ceremony with a script since my spouse wants to issue my oath and my parents want to pin my rank on. If anyone wants to see the template for a 10 minute ceremony, I am happy to send it.
Congrats on getting a date! I'd love to see it. I think mine will be March 7th.

bobsmith456

DCO Selectee
I'll be commissioning on Monday (yes, on the holiday). We are holding a small formal ceremony with a script since my spouse wants to issue my oath and my parents want to pin my rank on. If anyone wants to see the template for a 10 minute ceremony, I am happy to send it.
How did your ceremony go? I would love to see the script you are using.... I was going to use the Mustang Script.

Squirrel Girl

Since we couldn't find one that really fit in (either LDO or CWO) my husband who was the M/C as well as the one who delivered my oath took the historic parts and the typical order and molded it into what we used. I'd say to use it as a starting point and make changes as required (who's M/C, giving the oath, pinning you, etc...)

Attachments

• COMMISSIONING SCRIPT - Copy.docx
    18 KB · Views: 89

bobsmith456

DCO Selectee
Since we couldn't find one that really fit in (either LDO or CWO) my husband who was the M/C as well as the one who delivered my oath took the historic parts and the typical order and molded it into what we used. I'd say to use it as a starting point and make changes as required (who's M/C, giving the oath, pinning you, etc...)
Thank you so much... I really enjoyed the script and definitely use it. My husband who commissioned last year will be giving me the oath. I will have to add some items from the Mustang reading. That is a great place to start. Thank you again

number9

Contributor
Squirrel Girl and I chatted offline about this but her circumstances don't really apply in my case so I wanted to ask the rest of y'all.

For those of you who commissioned remotely, what did you do about the pinning of the bars/silver dollar/selectee's remarks/wetting down? My guess is that I just eliminate all of those things, which is a bit of a shame.

I thought I had read in one of the threads here that people were doing a mock "pinning of the bars" ceremony at ODS graduation even pre-COVID.