• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gouge for Selectees of FY22 IWC DCO Reserve Board

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Some gouge for new selectees... Please be patient as I add info for other designators as compiling takes time.

Links

Training

Required Basic Training

In no particular order:
Required Designator Training
  • 1835/Intel
    • RNIOBC
      • Governing instruction is COMNAVIFORESINST 1520.1C (CAC Enabled)
      • This class is for Reservists
        • RNIOBC Phase 1 (31 days), IWTC Virginia Beach, VA
        • RNIOBC Phase 2 Capstone (2 weeks), IWTC Virginia Beach, VA
    • NIOBC
      • This is the active duty course for which there are some seats for Reservists, pending availability and funding. Please note, due to the length of the course, it is considered a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) move. This means that Per Diem and Rental Cars are not authorized. You will only receive your base pay plus housing allowance (BAH) for Virginia Beach. You will be responsible for renting and paying for: an apartment, utilities, food, transportation, etc.
        • NIOBC (> 140 days), IWTC Virginia Beach, VA
Required Designator PQS

For designator specific PQS, I highly recommend you take the max time for completion. You will receive no awards or other accolades for completing things any sooner. Remember, as an O1 and O2 you will always be a "P" (Promotable) on your FITREPs.

Upon completion of your designator specific PQS you are considered fully qualified, are removed from training status (MAS Code TBH), are mobilization ready, and are placed on the mobilization list that is updated monthly.
  • 1835/Intel
Required IDWO PQS (The warfare pin)

For the IDWO PQS, I recommend getting it as soon as you can after you finish your designator specific PQS. To reiterate, the IWDO PQS is not required for mobilization.
Schedules

ODS Schedule

Reserve Division Officer Leadership Course

RNIOBC Phase 1 Schedule

RNIOBC Phase 2 Schedule

NIOBC Schedule

Information Professional Basic Schedule

Squirrel Girl

This is super helpful, thank you! Couple of questions.

Do we have much say on RNIOBC vs NIOBC? Are there particular pros and cons to each other than PCS vs TDY?

Second, have you heard of this requirement being waived for those who have attended another branche's officer intel school, say like Air Force Officer Intelligence School at Goodfellow AFB?

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I stand corrected - but have you heard of anyone actually waiving out of it in the history of NIOBC?

Last time I heard, they were still trying to implement a test-out option for RNIOBC and it wasn’t in place. If they finally put it in place (and if anyone’s actually tested-out successfully) would be first heard for me.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
"Upon completion of your designator specific PQS you are considered fully qualified, are removed from training status (MAS Code TBH), are mobilization ready, and are placed on the mobilization list that is updated monthly. "

Do you know if this list is available for people to view, like if we ask our community manager will they provide it?

ABMD

You bet... This list is a world away from what we had back in 2009 when drug deals and self dealing were abound with the mob list.
LOL, I know I'm creeping up that list so I want to be proactive and see where I am and what my chances are to self-select now that I'm out of a commissioned unit.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
LOL, I know I'm creeping up that list so I want to be proactive and see where I am and what my chances are to self-select now that I'm out of a commissioned unit.
Honestly, now that we are out of AFG, I can see the mob demand dropping off a cliff...

ABMD

Checked that link, and it's only for IWC. I thought that was the overall Mob list. I went to the SUPPLY sharepoint and they don't have that same list, actually the sites are completely different (IWC setting the standard.)

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Checked that link, and it's only for IWC. I thought that was the overall Mob list. I went to the SUPPLY SharePoint and they don't have that same list, actually the sites are completely different (IWC setting the standard.)
Apologies, I should have clarified. Your community should have its own tracking.