• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Good Luck 184 applicants (Revised Title)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corky

I am an infrequent lurker on this board and post even less but I am curious as to the “group hug” mentality found on this board. It’s like the Will Ferrell/Cheri Oteri “Spartan Spirit” Saturday Night Live skit on steroids. The US military is one of the most competitive work environments around. Teamwork and camaraderie are necessary traits and why the military is so good at what they do, but you are delusional if you don’t think the person who is helping you today doesn’t want to beat you badly tomorrow. Those of you who are frequent posters on this site need to realize that while you are making sure everyone is doing fine, that nobody’s feelings are getting hurt, and that criticism is kept to a minimum, there are going to be many people continuing on their merry, competitive way, straight to the top of class and JO rankings.
For those of you who think this is harsh and that I must be the biggest non-team player going in the Navy, I have consistently scored the highest mark possible (5.0) on the Teamwork section of my Fitness Report. I help anybody who asks for it and am good at team and consensus building, but don’t for a minute think I wouldn’t do anything short of backstabbing a fellow JO to beat that JO. I have been known to spend half the night before a big test teaching someone all I know about the material and then proceeding to spend the other half of the night learning just a little bit more than what I taught him.

CandKyMarine

Franny- No one seems to be “lumping” your opinions with mine. Yes, I started out agreeing with you, because I thought you were actually dealing with this like a strong, sane human being who is worthy of being a leader. It seems, however, that once I, and later Corky, posted, you backpedaled and tried to “make nice” with everyone. I am going to stick to my opinions.

And for the record, I’m a “she.”

Franny

No matter what.. I think this little forum was great! I actually look forward to seeing everyone's outragous replies... especially "Mr. Poision Ivy League's." Good Luck to everyone!

jennifer

no, have you? if you have was it worth watching? I laughed at american pie, I can have a very sick sense of humor sometimes. :0)

CandKyMarine

Franny--
Go back and look at your posts. Learn to recognize the letter sequence "M-A-R-I-N-E". (Here's a clue: it doesn't spell "man") Also, "she" corresponds to the female gender.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
I wanna see American Wedding ..... I LOVED American Pie. Don't know if any of you are into broadway shows but I just got back from seeing "Rent" (and drinking 1 too many rum and cokes). Really good show.

Franny

Hey.. candky"marine"... my bad. I would hate to offend you.... Ma'am. Can I ask you rank? Your profile fails to mention much.

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
Franny,

I've been lurking on these boards for ages and rarely feel compelled to post, but this place is generally well-behaved and respectful, and you seem to not be. If you're merely being a wise-ass like most everyone else here--fine...but do it without malice, like the rest of us. This is a fun, informative place to be, so if you don't feel like playing nice, consider finding a new sandbox...

Respectfully,
Isaac W.

Franny

Slasher,

I do not think my posts are full of malice...though they may be mischievous. I do not mean any harm... as was pointed out by several posters.
It was nice you you to chime in, though. I was just a lurker on this forum until I decided to post... then I realized how one little post can get so much reaction, and it snowballed from there.
Respectfully,
Fran

Status
Not open for further replies.