• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Good Luck 184 applicants (Revised Title)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reapergm

You know what... Im buggin out enough. Too late to do anything now, the last thing I want to do is compare and contrast. I dont know about you guys, but I sure DO NOT want to know your stats, because at this point it doesnt matter. We all have good qualifications and we've all been bustin our humps. So my stats are OCC 184 applicant. Good Luck fellas. -Gavin

1devildoc

To quote what my husband recently said to his OIC when she said the same thing (his boss is an extreemly conservative woman, and a commander), He said, "I don't need luck mame, I have a great looking package". She agreed, and said, "yes you have a every impressive package petty officer". Later that day, my husband realized the sexual conotations, and was completely embarassed. It gave us a good laugh in the middle of a very stressful time in our lives. I hope it makes you guys laugh a little too!

perchul

I'm not laughing, I'm freaking out so much I don't even understand the inuendos; I don't want to hear about your husbands great package, I want a damn phone call telling me I'm good to go and that MY package is great(which it isn't).

perchul

oh, and am glad as all hell I didn't see a bunch of stats when I pulled this page up...good call reaper I'm feeling the same way. First person to post stats gets a visit from the soap sock faerie while they're sleeping Private Pile style.

Robert_F

good luck to you guys, for me, the NROTC scholarship board starts in "late August" so I am counting the days for that.

Franny

Is this the first big thing in your lives that you have had to wait for? You are going to be leaders (if you are accepted into the 184). Not to be mean, but you all need to learn to deal with stress better.

reapergm

Franny... Youre totally right! I never looked at it that way.. I am going to deal with my stress better! Good thing you said something, I thought I was going to be nervous until I got news!

perchul

This isn't the first big thing, but it is the biggest thing. I think it is pretty normal to stress over something that can determine the next 10+ years of your life. For many of us this is the only thing we want to do and anything else just won't cut it. And seeing that many of us are handling the situation by PTing I think we're handling things just fine.

GTodd

Franny We are stressing for one reason. We want the honor to call our selves Marines. We have done everything else required to get this far FRanny. We all have an "A" type personality and one trait of said personality is not likeing not being in control. WE needed to score high on PFT we did, we needed to pass that SAT/ACT on crack test we did, we neededed to be looked at, poked, and prodded twice by Military docs and we did!!. Now we can not do anything but wait and that is stressful. If we could all PT every minute of day we would. Good luck my friends and be proud we chased our dreams.
knockout_125.gif

reapergm

Franny - read my post in Judgement Day. Im sure Im not the only one who feels this way. Good Luck again to 184 applicants!

CandKyMarine

Franny -- I have to agree with you. If you're loosing sleep over getting into OCS then you probably don't deserve to go. A leader (officer) should embody confidence, not some hope on a whim and a prayer. If you're still hoping that some good OCS fairy will grant your wishes and let you in, then I wouldn't want you in my class.

js

Originally posted by CandKyMarine
Franny -- I have to agree with you. If you're loosing sleep over getting into OCS then you probably don't deserve to go. A leader (officer) should embody confidence, not some hope on a whim and a prayer. If you're still hoping that some good OCS fairy will grant your wishes and let you in, then I wouldn't want you in my class.

I don't understand your response. I think a lot of us understand what Franny had to say. Possibly some that needed it took it to heart. However, your response of

then I wouldn't want you in my class

Is a bit over top. I really hope that is not how you feel and was just a reaction for the moment.

I feel the exact opposite. They feel the sacrifes they made and the hard work it took them to get here. They are "stressed" about the fact now it is out of their hands. They will go into OCS knowing that they really wanted it. When they get broken down like the rest of us there they will be able to reach back to these moments and use it for motivation to get though. This will be contaigious and effect us all. I hope all of us ( that get selected ) go into OCS knowing we HAD to work hard to get there and it IS what we want. That will allow us to make it though.

I wish you all the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.