• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GF...keep her or send her home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
Glad to have helped nfo2b release his inner Ali G. AAAAIGHT...buyakasha!

makana

I wake up in the morning & I piss excellence.
pilot
DCLegal said:
Suggestion - get back on topic or just let it all go.
Agreed. This was a good thread gone bad. Can we finally get a lock? If RoadProgram wants to revive it later he can reopen a sequel.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
makana said:
Agreed. This was a good thread gone bad. Can we finally get a lock? If RoadProgram wants to revive it later he can reopen a sequel.
No need to lock it. If you are tired of it, just quit reading it.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
im1lkygrl said:
p.s. for all the others who want to post neg rep point, very childish. The only person who should post a rep point on me for the topic would be original poster. these will be reported to admin as retaliation for speaking up.

Eh, isn't that whole point of the reputation points... to let someone know that you approve of their post, or disappove??? In some ways, yes they are a repercussion for a post if someone really feels that strongly about what you said. I personally thought your post was a little off base, but thats my own opinion. Anyways, if you only wanted one person's opinion of what you though then you should have PM'd them and not posted publicly. Just some advice for your own good in the future- try to avoid being being seen as "that pilot's wife" errrr... i mean... "so". Your life won't be as full of drama...

Okay Road's girlfriend may be annoying and needy at times, but then again what person isn't in their own way??? Thats not what stuck out at me in the original post... what did was the fact that his flying and grades were suffering because of her presence living with him. Thats the issue at hand (or at least it was)...

Road, If that is the case, then her presence is a direct threat to your sucess in flight school and that threat needs to be neutralized. If you can talk through it and eliminate the problem great, but If sending her packing is what needs to be done to do so, then thats what needs to be done. I would be saying the same thing if you were paying attention to her a lot and having a great time- if your grades really are suffering because of her presence...

This kinda applies to a wide variety of situations but, if the current situation is going to cause you to jeapordize your future then you must extract yourself from it as much as possible, as quickly as possible- Is that a selfish thing to do? Maybe, but you owe it to yourself to succeed in your life. You owe yourself a lot, and owe pretty much everyone else nothing (I was in situations before where this rule and people told me the same thing and told me what I needed to do to extract myself... as much as I really didn't want to hear it, or admit it at the time, they definately made the correct call.)

In the long term things will be better off for you. If you send her away, she'll doubtlessly be hurt but if she really cares about you, she may come around and forgive you. If you keep her and things continue to spiral downward and you fail out then deep down you will resent her for the rest of your life- and thats not fair on her either. Obviously its a tough choice, but thats life and this won't be the last tough decision you have to make. You do need to do what you feel is best for you.

Another way to look at it- what will you look back and regret more in 2, 5, 10, 20 yrs from now??? Blowing it with a girl or blowing it with your aviation career? In this situation theres the potential for one, the other, or both things to happen if your not careful.

For all of you ladies out there who think this outlook is just a guy thing... Two of my friends were engaged- it was the girl who was the stud- and they were trying to do the long distance thing during primary... the stresses were affecting both of them in a rather unhealthy way so she broke it off. Ya, it sucked but had things continued she quite possibly would have washed out and the relationship would have self destructed anyways. She was able to recover- made commodores list out of advanced, got her wings and got married to someone she met in flight school. Her x fiance is on his way to a successful carreer as a Marine Officer and has a good thing going on with someone else... Looks like there is life after failed flight school relationships.

saltpeter

zippy,
What if a person only claim to fame is that they hooked a pilot? Is it okay to stomp on this person's dream, they have feelings too.
I, Myself, tried to hook a rich old lady, but none thought I was a good catch, damn wimmin'. Always capitalze any noun that refers to yourself, God does it.

saltpeter

Also, back in '97, I tried to fake my disappearance when I was supposed to be getting married and get a 500 thousand dollar book signing deal, but no one came looking for me.

ip568

None
Fwiw

The top two guys in my AOCS class both dropped-out of flight training because of wife issues. Caveat emptor.

shortncurly

I'm sure everyone knows someone who's been "that guy," or "that wife." Rather than saying "So and So from my school had the same problem, caveat emptor" why not say "I know a guy who made it work, and has both a strong career and a strong marriage." Focusing on the negatives isn't particularly productive -- in fact, it's just the opposite.

This thread is actually turning out to be good for my marriage. Every time I read it, I run to my husband and give him a huge kiss, grateful for how wonderful and caring he is, and for the instances when he's made me a priority in his life -- even if it's just for half an hour before he starts filling out jet cards. Incidentally, he's at the top of his class, so apparently success in flight school CAN be acheived alongside personal responsibilities to one's wife and/or family. Imagine that!

Edited because I realized much of what I said had been said elsewhere.

T-man

shortncurly said:
I'm sure everyone knows someone who's been "that guy," or "that wife." Rather than saying "So and So from my school had the same problem, caveat emptor" why not say "I know a guy who made it work, and has both a strong career and a strong marriage." Focusing on the negatives isn't particularly productive -- in fact, it's just the opposite.

This thread is actually turning out to be good for my marriage. Every time I read it, I run to my husband and give him a huge kiss, grateful for how wonderful and caring he is, and for the instances when he's made me a priority in his life -- even if it's just for half an hour before he starts filling out jet cards. Incidentally, he's at the top of his class, so apparently success in flight school CAN be acheived alongside personal responsibilities to one's wife and/or family. Imagine that!

Edited because I realized much of what I said had been said elsewhere.

Where can I find me such a woman?... can they be ordered? :D :D

kidding aside, it's great to see your marriage doing so well, you seem like a very happy couple, and thus, if I might say so, a very lucky couple. Congratulations! and I wish the 2 of you the best in your future!

Cate

Pretty much invincible
shortncurly said:
Rather than saying "So and So from my school had the same problem...
Weren't you paying attention? We've been instructed to call them husbands, not SOs. ;)

shortncurly

T-man said:
Where can I find me such a woman?... can they be ordered? :D :D

kidding aside, it's great to see your marriage doing so well, you seem like a very happy couple, and thus, if I might say so, a very lucky couple. Congratulations! and I wish the 2 of you the best in your future!

Thanks! We've actually only been married a year, so I'm sure there are those out there with WAY more experience than us... they say the first year is the hardest, and it was pretty tough, I have to say! We've had to deal with a lot of scary issues and stress, and as time goes on things will only get crazier and more complicated. But I think if a couple mutually respects each other, loves each other dearly, and are willing to communicate and compromise when necessary, it can work. Of course, like I said, we've only been married a year -- I'm no expert! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.