• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GF...keep her or send her home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
I had no idea so many people were anxiously awaiting my reply in this thread. All I can say is "sorry." All I did last week was study and fly...no computer for me.

Cate

Pretty much invincible
UInavy said:
But honestly, is it really all choker whites and dining out?????
Bwaahahahahahaha! Oh, lordy.

Seriously, though, Road, you (y'all) seem to have straightened a couple of things out, and I for one am glad to hear it. Sometimes all it takes is a little bit of communication and the occasional, "No, baby, I totally care about what happened on Days of Our Lives. Please, continue." And if the same thing happens in the future, then yeah, maybe it's a chronic problem that needs to be addressed. Otherwise, it's good to see that a pleasant weekend was had by all with no one getting the boot.

Ya ya!

im1lkygrl

proud sna wife :)
road program~ I seriously wasnt trying to put you down, after reading the 4 pages of crap these people are giving as advise, i got a little upset. Womens point of view is sometime good, accoprding to others on here its crappy. Simply was trying to say that if you care for someone, and vise versa, they have to be willing to put up with alot. flight training is very stressful and all you need at the end of the day when you come home from a long day is more stress from your significant other, i live that life sir. My so is in flight training,we have 3 children and when he comes home from the 12 hour day of stress, there is mroe right on top from our day. Its not easy, but i do my best to keep his life stressfree at home. So, i was only trying to say that if you can see yourself at the end of the day waiting to get home to relax with her, then she is worth keeping. But I really think you need to discuss with her how you feel and how hard and stressful things are for you and will be for sometime. She needs to be supportive, and not worry so much about the small things.

p.s. for all the others who want to post neg rep point, very childish. The only person who should post a rep point on me for the topic would be original poster. these will be reported to admin as retaliation for speaking up.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
im1lkygrl said:
p.s. for all the others who want to post neg rep point, very childish. The only person who should post a rep point on me for the topic would be original poster. these will be reported to admin as retaliation for speaking up.

:sleep_125

Brett

DCLegal

Rhino Pilot Wife
Suggestion - get back on topic or just let it all go. I feel Road has dealt with his problem and that this thread is just getting out of hand.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
im1lkygrl said:
My so is in flight training,
Ok, I've had enough of this. "He" is not a "SO" or significant other so to speak. "He" is your husband. Please, everyone, for the love of god and my sanity, use "husband" if you're married to a man, and "wife" if you're married to a woman. I don't really see a problem with this from the male side, but women tend to love to call their husbands, hubbys, or whatever by "SO".

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
SO is just an easy abbreviation. I don't think it's that huge of a deal, but if it bothers you guys so much....

Main Entry: significant oth·er
Function: noun
Definition: a person who is important to one's well-being; especially : a spouse or one in a similar relationship

Source: Merriam-Webster's Dictionary, © 2002 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

What bothers me is the horrendous lack of spell-checking around here.

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
SO's and Ho's unite!

I'm a husband not an acronym. But, since it bothers us guys so much...

ho
1. One who participates in ho activities with ho tendencies.

2. An affectionate name for a male friend or a close female friend.

EX.)

1. 'Damn, that Samantha Cruz in my Spanish class is a HO!!'

2. 'Hey Jessica, my ho! What's up in the funkified skillet?' / 'Matt, you are such a ho, dawg!'

SOURCE: www.urbandictionary.com

I'm out...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
Ok, I've had enough of this. "He" is not a "SO"

Thank GOD, someone is finally calling out the madness for what is is ..... i.e., madness.

For those of you who persist in "tender moment-isms" on an Air WARRIORS website .... a "SO" is a "Second Officer" in aviation parlance. Please .... get with the program or get another life ..... and hopefully somewhere else, to boot. I did an informal survey once upon a time .... people who persist in using terms like "significant others" frequenty discover that their "significant other" is having an affair with the neighbor.

Do I sound cranky?? Don't mean to ..... (edit) .... If so ... :) :) Air WARRIORS smile policy in effect ...

Status
Not open for further replies.