• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Getting married POST OCS

Jen

Wife of a Growler stud
The hubs and I got married via JOP. We will celebrate our 5 year anniversary in just 2 months and we have still not had the "real" wedding (we never really had plans to). At first I had regrets of not having an actual wedding...5 years later though, I have NO regrets at all. Weddings are crap expensive! We were going to have to pay for the wedding ourselves and why waste that money on something that lasts a day (at least these are my thoughts). We do plan to do something big on our 10th anniversary (a huge party with a renewal of the vows), but until then...we are perfectly happy with the JOP.

We got married before the Navy, so no advice there. I will say though that while the hubby was in training, most people who got married during flight school did so in a 3 day weekend. Seems to be the "safest" time period.

Good luck and I hope everything works out!

MasterBates

91417_harpoons_vw.jpg

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sweet. Just got up to the NUW and now I need to buy a harpoon. Maybe the Makah Tribe has some I could rent.

Bro, the Makah now use a 50 cal when they hunt for whales. Those harpoon things are so 19th century. :D

Brett

Angels

Contributor
I forgot to add if your working within a budget, we got married on a Navy base at the Officers Club and it was ridiculously less expensive then anywhere else. The food, room decor and service was great! I know there is another thread on here all about not using the O Club for that reason but in this instance it was nice! :D

MidWestEwo

None
well for starters, if the waist and hips are both bigger than her chest, you are on the road to manateeism.

I think Manatee is roughly defined as follows:
1-A fat, female, semi aquatic mammal deemed worthy of special financial protection by the state of Florida. Manatees are known to frequent SNA hangouts and disguise themselves as attractive human females, but after being fed a magic substance known as "wedding cake" they double their body weight in a surprisingly short time and reveal their true form. Known foods include Ice Cream, Fast Food, Fried Food, Pies and Snackycakes. Do not attempt to force a Manatee to diet or exercise as that is in violation of the endagered species act, and they may turn violent if either is even mentioned.

Thank you. I will be on the lookout!

Angels

Contributor
I just had to. . .today's Cyanide and Happiness. . .
I don't think that post is appropriate or funny. I have never been pregnant so therefore have never had a miscarriage but I think it is very hurtful to anyone on here who has. Oh, and I know someone who has had several and they now have a bus load of kids (that they wanted for some reason) and are not divorced. So it also can be untrue. I think you should think twice before posting something like that.