• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Getting married POST OCS

Angels

Contributor
When a woman who has you arrested at work on false charges refuses to be served with the divorce papers she knows is coming, there's not much left in options. Either wait 2 years with the USN giving her half my pay, or get a crier.

The lawyer thing was strictly a "FU BITCH" move to her fat dyke lawyer, and was approved by my lawyer.
I thought what you did was pretty funny. That's much better than the stories you hear of people putting their ex's pet cat/bird/etc. in a microwave or some other bs move.

tk628

Electronic Attack Savant
pilot
Pennies... ha. that was great....
Me on the other hand since it's legal to spend a dollar bill ripped once in 1/2 and taped so the serials still match, would have probably sawed a bunch in 1/2 and put them in a garbage bag, with a roll of clear tape. Divorce lawyers are a disgusting breed.

Angels

Contributor
Appearantly she isn't familiar with recent Manatee affairs...
Actually I am well aware. I think anyone who has been on Airwarriors more than a week is aware. I'm pretty sure the next edition of Webster's dictionary will include an after picture of Michelle next to the word manatee.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Actually I am well aware. I think anyone who has been on Airwarriors more than a week is aware. I'm pretty sure the next edition of Webster's dictionary will include an after picture of Michelle next to the word manatee.

And a picture of soon-to-be-ex-Mrs. Bubba in the secondary definition.

AKM56LB

Howdy,

Just a few questions for those who have gone through this situation. I am recently engaged, one month and a few days as of now. I am in the September Boards for NFO/SNFO/Suppo and my fiance and I are patiently awaiting the results.

We have been told by multiple people and my sister-in-law (Army wife of 18 years and counting thus far) that after OCS, getting married is a walk in the park pending it's not scheduled during UPT/API or any other training period.

As of right now we have a date of January 23rd which is tentative of course pending acceptance/OCS Date/etc. I also spoke to an Ensign at the Officer Recruiters Office and he said as long as you're out of OCS your CO can issue a weekend pass to get married unless of course your CO is the CO from hell and could care less about your wedding.

Secondly, I spoke with my buddies mom who is a retired Gunny. She told me to make sure that the date of the wedding (as long as it is after OCS) is listed and in a place that can easily be seen on my App/Contract pending acceptance. As long as that date is on there and the CO knows well in advance the *chances* of a weekend pass are higher. Granted of course, I am property of the Navy and they will do with me what they wish.

We have been praying heavily that things will work out and we can have a wedding as planned, whether it be January 23rd or not.

Have any of you gotten married post OCS prior to UPT/API etc? Or any suggestions if I am accepted? Obviously if I am not, I don't have to worry about the issue. But, if I am, are there any other options? I figure there are a few of you out there that have faced the same dilemma.

Jason

Jason, yes we did. Orginally we were planning a big wedding back home for the spring or summer, but decided that may not work out since I would be in flight school and wouldn't be able to take enough leave. It's too complicated to plan ahead of time when you'll be between API and Primary, Primary and Advanced, etc, or how long of a break you'll have, so we figured right before it all starts is the best time. We planned our wedding and paid for our honeymoon about 6 weeks ahead of time. Completed OCS and IFS, then a few weeks before starting API, had a small wedding on the beach in Pensacola, then went to a Sandals in the Caribbean for our honeymoon. We even managed to pull together a sword arch for the wedding. ITT at Pensacola offers a decent discount for Sandals. It worked out great for us. I know of others who got married on a weekend and just delayed their honeymoon... or basically didn't have one. We really wanted to travel somewhere for our honeymoon, but it's up to you. Good luck!

chasejj

SWO? What is this "SWO" you speak of?
So... is there a male version of the manatee, such as if a husband gets fat while the wife is away? (please... don't tell me MANatee...although I do love bad puns!)

Gasman

Don't know too many CO's who would not give you a pass for your wedding. Most times there is a delay from reporting in to your class date. Put in for leave. Trust me, you'll accrue leave faster than you'll use it. The Grand Hotel in Fairhope, Ala. (1 hour west of P'cola) is beautiful. Close to here if time is short. Tell your fiancee/wife that you love her and could she please quiz you on your emergency procedures. Most wives know their husbands aircraft/Natops and emerg procedures as well as their husbands (and vice versa if the case warrants, don't want to go to sensitivity training again!)

voodooqueen

DAR Lapsarian
It seems to be that the more money and time spent on the wedding, the shorter and more miserable the marriage. Perhaps this has something to do with unrealistic expectations.

voodooqueen

DAR Lapsarian
Neah Bay, WA .... one of the few places in the USA where dogs shit in the middle of mainstreet ... and unashamedly, too .... :)
[/quote]

They do have a nice museum.

Alecta

Here's a little story...

Alecta- age 18. High school sweetheart drops to his knees, confesses undying love, produces beautiful, large, sparkly rock from a pale blue box* - Alecta says 'Yes'.

Flash forward- 3 days later.

Over romantic dinner, Future-Cornell dropout says "Well, if we get married in July. You can be pregnant by August and you'll never have to go back to college! "

Alecta says, "Quoi?"

After long, very loud discussion, Alecta takes ring off and decides better alone than bad accompanied.

THE END :D

*btw the ring was legit.

Mos

None
This thread inspired me.

But seriously, congratulations and best of luck to the OP.

Attachments

• marriage.jpg
    marriage.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 91

anghockey

Fleens? You're not Fleens!
So... is there a male version of the manatee, such as if a husband gets fat while the wife is away? (please... don't tell me MANatee...although I do love bad puns!)

Oh DEFINITELY. My ex-fiance gained at least 30 lbs when I was in India. If only I had known about the term MANatee at the time.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
The primary crime of marriage is that it may lead to children. Children are the root cause of global warming, famine, and war. Creating them should be avoided at all costs.

Youth in Asia for Euthanasia, or was it the other way around?

Also, I'm almost positive that Zab closed a thread some months back with "preview" of the expected threadjacks. One of them involved the comment, "miscarriages are HILARIOUS!" Is this a recurring theme?

CalamityJean

I know which way the wind shines!
Oh DEFINITELY. My ex-fiance gained at least 30 lbs when I was in India. If only I had known about the term MANatee at the time.

Sometimes the weight for the male manatee accumulates in the skull area. The gain can happen overnight, and before training even begins. Known to afflict pilots in particular. Side of affects of this disease also include loss of smell (their shit don't stink), giantism (everything & everyone is beneath them), & an increase in sword fighting (yes you know what kind).

Thank God I dodged that bullet :icon_wink