• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Getting married POST OCS

Alecta

Oh DEFINITELY. My ex-fiance gained at least 30 lbs when I was in India. If only I had known about the term MANatee at the time.

I just ran into mine at Hannaford, so I'll see you your MANatee and raise you one ex-fiancee that turned into a hippie with wigga dreads.

I often wondered what my life would've been like if I kept that ring on, but tonight just sealed the deal. No matter how bad I think it is now, it could've been a whole lot worse. Stretch marks *shudder*

If I had to do it all over again- I would do it differently. I would've kept that ring and RAN like a mofo :D

MasterBates

Further proof that if any woman wants me to marry her in the future, she needs to buy ME an airplane.

And how women have a "minimum size" for their ring (I've heard it from many, surprisingly NOT from THE Manatee), my "minimum" airplane is a fully restored T-28, but I'd really like a P-51.

I'll even take the Mustang with the original motor (non Merlin) I'm not THAT picky.

yak52driver

Contributor
Further proof that if any woman wants me to marry her in the future, she needs to buy ME an airplane.

And how women have a "minimum size" for their ring (I've heard it from many, surprisingly NOT from THE Manatee), my "minimum" airplane is a fully restored T-28, but I'd really like a P-51.

I'll even take the Mustang with the original motor (non Merlin) I'm not THAT picky.

Make sure she can afford the fuel and maintenance, too. Buying the plane is just the entry fee! :D

Daisy

@Cloak -did you ever get your questions answered to your satisfaction? :eek:

I read an interesting perspective in the Harvard Crimson, of all places, on the relevance or irrelevance of marriage.

You can read it yourself here:

http://www.thecrimson.com/article.aspx?ref=529080

You don't have to read the whole thing - I was astonished by the last paragraph.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Aren't opinion pieces supposed to drive home on a point and not vaguely dance around something?

Daisy

Aren't opinion pieces supposed to drive home on a point and not vaguely dance around something?

I guess that's in the eye of the beholder.

It's the last paragraph that interests me and I don't think it's vague at all.

Ventilee

pilot
Contributor
It seems to be that the more money and time spent on the wedding, the shorter and more miserable the marriage. Perhaps this has something to do with unrealistic expectations.

Funny you mention that, my parents got married in Vegas for $100 and they've been together for 30+ years.

warrior2012

Marriage and enlisting!

My fiancee and I want to join the ARMY together, and had planned on having a small wedding (Courthouse style) before enlisting. I plan on applying Warrant Officer and my other half is going enlisted! I have great credit, which I know is important for the application process. Unfortunantly, my soon to be is not so hot in the credit dept. So we have decided to let me go in first, get accepted and then do the wedding, before he goes in. Can we get married while I am in DEP, or do we have to wait?
Thanks!

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor

I think these girls are hilarious. I don't even know what size the diamond in my ring is, and I certainly have no idea about clarity, and all the other Cs. There are few things I care less about, in fact. Then again, I don't wear it half the time. I'm always bumping it on things and I just don't care for jewelry.

If I were a guy and the girl had minimums for the ring, I would walk. I think that would be a deal breaker in and of itself. AW's has taught me that I, and most of the girls I am friends with, are apparently not normal though.

Mos

None
Funny you mention that, my parents got married in Vegas for $100 and they've been together for 30+ years.

Ah, the ol' Vegas chapel of bells - also my "commissioning source" into this world. And they're still together too. :D